Accent color borders when using adsense code

Home Forums Receptar Accent color borders when using adsense code

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Accent color borders when using adsense code

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi!
    Seem to be having a problem finding a solution as to how to get the receptar theme code to not show the accent color on either side of adsense code. There is like a 6px border to the left and right. Really bugs ;(

More accurately explained …
    “Accent color
    This color affects links, buttons and other elements of the website”
    … basically how to get the ‘accent color’ not to show on ‘other elements’? Namely when / where the google adsense wordpress plugin inserts ads.

Thanks much! Really like your theme other than that! You rock!
    :)

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please note that this is a standard CSS inheritance. For this issue to be resolved I would need to have a look at the code the adsense plugin inserts into your website. Then I will write you a fixing custom CSS. Can you provide URL to the affected page?

Regards,

Oliver

we’re not really ready to start giving out links, and it’s in test mode right now. We are using the automated adsense wordpress plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-publisher/

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please, provide the link to the website. Without that I can’t really provide satisfactory help to you as the solution depends on where in the theme is the ad inserted.

Mark your reply as private if you are concerned about privacy of your website meanwhile.

Regards,

Oliver

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

This will fix your issue:

.adsbygoogle { box-shadow: none; }

Regards,

Oliver

Hi, I’m the guy from WordPress support having the same issue as with the thread starter.

Unfortunately, the Custom CSS doesn’t help. The lines I’d mentioned are still visible.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

But it seems like you haven’t applied the CSS. If you are using any server caching solution, please flush the server cache for your custom CSS to apply.

If it still doesn’t work, you can use higher CSS selector specificity like .site .adsbygoogle { box-shadow: none; }.

Regards,

Oliver

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Updated code that actually works (as the Google Adsense or the plugin inserts several nested <ins> tags):

.adsbygoogle,
    .adsbygoogle ins {
     -webkit-box-shadow: none;
             box-shadow: none;
    }

Regards,

Oliver

topkhoj
    Participant

why are borders showing both sides of the Google Ad? Above provided codes are not working. So I added `ins.adsbygoogle {
    background: transparent !important; }`
    The background becomes transparent but borders are still present. Please Suggest me.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.