Accessibility feedback

Home Forums Modern Accessibility feedback

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

JoseWebPublishing
    Participant

Accessibility feedback

Hello,
    Hope all is well. Our accessibility audit revealed some areas of improvement on Modern we hope you may consider on a future release:
    1. Form fields must have a descriptive label associated
    More information on creating accessible forms

If this is something you’re able to work on in a new release, we’d like to know your best estimation of when this will occur.
    Thanks,
    José Hernández

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi José,

I’ve checked the theme demo website again and I do not experience such accessibility issue there.

The theme actually does not output any form itself. All the forms are being outputted via WordPress native functions, or via widgets (or via a plugin on your website?). Also, the theme does not modify HTML output of WordPress forms (such as search form or comment form) as you can see in theme code.

As for accessibility testing, there were false positives in the past reported, mostly related to AChecker automated tester. If this is your case, please check a previous ticket for more info and resolution.

Also, I suggest reading the knowledge base article about accessibility.

I would also like to ask for more details of the issue so I can provide more help to you:
    Do you experience the issue on the theme demo website or on your own website? Can you maybe provide more information on what tool you have used for testing and what URL have you tested? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue?

Please understand I can only fix an accessibility bugs related to the theme. If this issue is not related to the theme but the accessibility evaluation tool you are using, there is nothing I can do really.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Also, please search this support forum before posting a ticket. A lot of issues were already answered here. Thanks!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.