Auberge update causes child theme customization to vanish..

Home Forums Auberge Auberge update causes child theme customization to vanish..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

stevarino
    Participant

Auberge update causes child theme customization to vanish..

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Since updating to 2.5.2, all of my customizations in my child theme have disappeared. I tried re-installing version 2.5.0 but that didn’t seem to change anything. Any recent changes that might cause this? Any insight would be helpful.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi stevarino,

There were some changes in stylesheets loading in Auberge 2.5.0 but I can see your child theme stylesheet being loaded correctly after the theme customizations:

I can also see in your child theme style.css file:

@import url('../auberge/style.css');
    @import url('DOMAIN/wp-content/plugins/webman-amplifier/assets/font/fontello.css');

Please note that this is unnecessary loading those stylesheets. The auberge/style.css is actually empty and the WebMan Amplifier is not supported in free Auberge theme. Only Auberge Plus theme supports the plugin.

Please understand that I can not know what customizations you actually mean. I suggest going through your child theme code to determine what’s not working and why. Is it purely CSS customizations? In that case just check your child theme‘s style.css file and maybe rise the CSS specificity of your styles?

But, for example, I can see in your child theme stylesheet you are applying a background color on site header. I can see that applied perfectly fine. Maybe there is an issue with caching on your side? Try to flush your website and browser cache too.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Also, I can see you are using Genericons font in your child theme stylesheet. Please note that this was updated to Genericons Neue in Auberge 2.5.0.

For complete changelog please see https://github.com/webmandesign/auberge/releases

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

stevarino
    Participant

Got everything ironed-out. Thanks for you help!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.