beaver html embed fails to complete

Home Forums Mustang beaver html embed fails to complete

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Paul Gailey
    Participant

beaver html embed fails to complete

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

my mustang page composed with beaver is failing to display html embed code from either a facebook or instagram regular post.

i am using the html beaverbuilder element.

i cannot understand why it would fail when the rest of the mustang modules all work ok.

i will make a screencast in a moment.

i dont want to recompose the page in the regular wordpress editor as i would have to start from scratch.

maybe there is a viable workaround?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Paul Gailey,

Please note that this is not an issue with the theme. You are most likely better contacting Beaver Builder support with the issue.

My guess is that if your code uses a javascript, WordPress might strip it down for security purposes. But please ask Beaver Builder support to be sure about this.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Paul Gailey
    Participant

ok, tx.

ultimately beaver isnt going to allow it from what i see.

i wish i could revert a beaver composition to regular worpress now. alas not as simple as i had hoped.

things like this make me wary of gutenberg and the like.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Paul Gailey,

Even reverting to default WordPress editor does not allow any JavaScript in the post content. (It actually might if you are logged in under admin account, but you need to test this.)

I’m not sure what exactly you need to display on your page, but maybe try to use a dedicated plugin for that if it exist? The plugin will most likely use a shortcode which will output the JavaScript too.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

And, BTW, this is only good that Beaver Builder doesn’t allow custom JavaScript. No content editor should. And as you can see, not even WordPress allows that. This is a very good security precaution. For custom JS code you should really use a plugin or simply custom code added via a child theme. That way you minimize the security risks.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.