Beaver Themer Support for Forstron Theme

Home Forums Forstron Beaver Themer Support for Forstron Theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

vervocity
    Participant

Beaver Themer Support for Forstron Theme

Resolved

Hello,
    I was wondering if the Forstron theme supports Beaver Themer before I tried to install in on my site.

Beaver Themer says you would have to add support for it if not but to do that I would need to know some hooks.

Here is the link for the article I found on adding support if need be.

http://kb.wpbeaverbuilder.com/article/389-add-header-footer-and-parts-support-to-your-theme-themer

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  vervocity.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi vervocity,

Forstron theme is not fully compatible with Beaver Themer.

This means it does not define the hooks for the plugin. However, depending on your needs, you can use Beaver Themer with any theme as far as I know. If you decide to make Forstron compatible with Beaver Themer, I can help with that.

But first I suggest you to check my free Reykjavik theme as it has full Beaver Themer support and may be enough for your needs, actually.
    From styling point of view, you can pretty much customize Reykjavik (or even Icelander) theme out of the box to look similarly to Forstron theme. They both have independent header/content/footer width setup and options to change any color, for example.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

vervocity
    Participant

Hey Oliver,
    I would like to make it compatible if you could help that would be wonderful. Please just let me know.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi vervocity,

I’ve put together a compatibility files for Forstron theme for you. You can download them at https://www.dropbox.com/s/msibpcb0ac2wms9/forstron-beaver-themer.zip?dl=1

To install this:

1. Save and unpack the ZIP file on your computer. There will be a beaver-themer folder unpacked.
    2. Copy the entire beaver-themer folder into forstron/setup folder.
    3. Open forstron/setup/setup.php file and add this code to the end of file:
      if ( class_exists( 'FLThemeBuilder' ) ) {
      	locate_template( WM_SETUP_DIR . 'beaver-themer/beaver-themer.php', true );
      }

Please note that I provide no guarantee of future compatibility for this. The Forstron framework will get major update in some future theme version and so this functionality I’ve provided may not work then – however, with major theme update will come a native Beaver Themer compatibility for sure.

You still may need to tweak some CSS styles if needed to make the theme really 100% compatible with Beaver Themer, but this actually depends on what you plan to do with Beaver Themer and Forstron. You can use WordPress native field for your custom CSS then. Also, I suggest using your code inspector in such case to determine what CSS code you need to use.

Again, I strongly suggest trying my 100% Beaver Themer compatible themes first as these have future-proof integration with the plugin – try free Reykjavik, or paid Icelander or Monument Valley.

If you would like to support me (with no additional cost to you), please purchase the Beaver Builder or Beaver Themer plugin via these affiliate links:

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.