Beginning of latest post is showing up on my post page

Home Forums Modern Beginning of latest post is showing up on my post page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tejasautkar
    Participant

Beginning of latest post is showing up on my post page

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi, thanks for the wonderful theme.
    I got a problem.My blog post page is organized properly but a small extract of my latest post is getting shown in front of my page name.Please assist.
    I have attached the screenshot.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi tejasautkar,

I can’t actually replicate your issue. The theme was actually coded not to display those. Have you maybe modified the theme files? Do you use a child theme? Maybe try to disable plugins (except Jetpack) to see if that helps.

You can check your “Blogs” page excerpt field and make sure it’s empty. Then resave the “Blogs” page so WordPress registers the empty excerpt field. This step will probably help if you have installed Modern theme on existing website.

Can you maybe provide your website admin access so I can check personally if none of the above works?

Tip: For correct image sizes please read https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/modern/#image-sizes

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

tejasautkar
    Participant

Hi!
    Thanks for the help.I got what was the problem.If I keep the page excerpt empty then it is automatically displaying a few lines of the latest post as page excerpt.

So I put some spaces there and it helped!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi tejasautkar,

Please note that shouldn’t be the case either. I’ve tried the empty blog page excerpt (with no spaces) and it works perfectly fine for me – the excerpt is not displayed.

Can you provide answers on these questions please, so I can investigate more:

1. Have you modified the theme files somehow?
    2. Do you use a child theme?
    3. Have you tried to disable the plugins to see if the problem is there?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

tejasautkar
    Participant

1) No, I haven’t changed any theme files.

2)No, I don’t use a child theme.

3)I tried uninstalling few plugins but it wasn’t working.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi tejasautkar,

Thank you for the info! This is very strange, I can not replicate your issue no matter what I set.

Could you maybe provide me with your website admin access so I can check personally what could be wrong there?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.