Bevear Builder Global Module margin overriden by main.css of theme

Home Forums Polyclinic Bevear Builder Global Module margin overriden by main.css of theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ckaklamanos
    Participant

Bevear Builder Global Module margin overriden by main.css of theme

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello.

I am writing about the Polyclinic theme.

Also, I am an experienced developer when it comes to Beaver Builder (this is why I bought the theme)

My problem is that the Global setting of the Module margin is overridden by your main.css file. This is a negative surprise and has been very limiting for the way I build my project.

I would never expect this BB setting to be overridden, right?

Am I missing something? Could you please advise?

Thanks.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ckaklamanos,

Yes indeed, the theme sets Beaver Builder spacing differently from the plugin. The reason is to keep spacing OK with theme content width. Beaver Builder works a bit differently by default and it actually indent modules from the content width.

However, thank you for spotting an issue, actually. It seems something has changed in one of previous Beaver Builder updates and setting custom module/row/column global margins/padding does not work properly anymore in the theme. I will do my best to fix this ASAP. Sorry for inconvenience caused.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

ckaklamanos
    Participant

Hello, and thanks for the reply.

Yeah, this needs fixing, because it felt very weird not being able to control those values via Beaver global options (by the way I always keep Beavers default values, because they make developing, at least for me, much easier.).

Do you think you can fix this soon? I really need this to proceed with the project.

Thanks.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ckaklamanos,

I’ll do my best to release an update in next couple of days.

But please note that it still might not work exactly as you expect it. Everything depends on your needs, actually, but like I’ve mentioned, the theme uses a different approach to layout than Beaver Builder.

Anyway, this can be overridden via custom CSS still. So, if you want, you can try something like this:

.fl-col-content {
    	padding: 0px;
    }
    .fl-module .fl-module-content {
    	margin: 20px;
    }

But please note that thorough testing is required across multiple screen sizes.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

I’ve just pushed a 1.9.3 version update of the theme which should fix the issues.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

ckaklamanos
    Participant

Thank you very much for the update and for letting me know!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.