Blog Preview Not Working on dedicated blog Page

Home Forums Receptar Blog Preview Not Working on dedicated blog Page

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

kevindk
    Participant

Blog Preview Not Working on dedicated blog Page

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello again!

I would like to get the typical blog previews on my dedicated blog page and also exclude the sticky posts from showing here. So only new posts can show a preview here minus breadcrumbs.

I have tried several things and the only thing I get is a excerpt, or long preview of an old post that I actually don’t want there but my new post will not show.

What do you think this could be??

Thanks as always for the amazing, fast support!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi kevindk,

Please note that your blog page is not correctly set up. The page you’ve linked to seems to be a standard static page with Beaver Builder content. If you want to display blog posts there, please set it properly in WordPress settings https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/receptar/#pages

For sticky posts please use a custom function in your child theme‘s functions.php file:

function child_theme_ignore_sticky_posts( $query ) {
    	if ( $query->is_main_query() ) {
    		// This makes sticky posts display in order.
    		$query->set( 'ignore_sticky_posts', 1 );
    		// This will exclude sticky posts from display maybe?
    		$query->set( 'post__not_in', get_option( 'sticky_posts' ) );
    	}
    }
    add_action( 'pre_get_posts', 'child_theme_ignore_sticky_posts' );

Please note that I provide no guaranty of this working the way you want. Excluding sticky posts from displaying in blog page might require more coding, which is beyond the free support I provide – please read terms of service.
    I suggest to hire some WordPress developer to help you tweak your site to your needs.

However, I suggest rethinking your website structure. This seems to be a misusing sticky posts from my point of view. Maybe you just want to display posts from a specific category on your blog page? If so, adapt the code above accordingly.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.