Built-in Megamenu is unclear when "responsive" and viewed on small screen.

Home Forums Mustang Built-in Megamenu is unclear when "responsive" and viewed on small screen.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anth33
    Participant

Built-in Megamenu is unclear when "responsive" and viewed on small screen.

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

HI!

I’ve been working on creating a better menu system for my website http://www.ambrosi.ca and am trying to integrate Mustang’s built-in megamenu.
    When I test the theme’s “responsive” menu, I noticed a few problems.

I’m not sure if the issues I see are the result of me having implemented the menu incorrectly, or if the menu is intended to function this way.

I have attached a screenshot with notes about what I feel could be improved with this layout.

Level 1 menu is clear, but Level 2 menus are not. It is unclear that “Software”,
    “Photo Equip” and “Other Gear” are subordinated to Level 1. The Level 2 items
    should be indented to show they fall under Level 1

The Salient Theme’s responsive menu and megamenu is extremely clear and functions perfectly. The menu structure is precise and the.user can instantly ascertain their exact location in the website. I have attached a screenshot.

Please consider improving the layout of the responsive menu in Mustang. It would be a welcome improvement.

Thank you!

Anth33
    Participant

The other attachment failed the first time I uploaded it. Here it is again

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

I use distinction with color. Please see http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a84hq4uc6. Each submenu is darker color than the previous one.

But I will see what I can improve in this manner.

Regards,

Oliver

Anth33
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for noting that, but for people who don’t have very good colour vision, differentiating on the basis of colour alone presents many problems. I would think a better approach is to use a method similar to what Salient does- indentation. The juxtaposition (indentation) is instantly recognizable as indicating different hierarchies.

I don’t have any problem with colour vision, but honestly never noticed the different colours and found the menu unclear.

Please do consider improving this to make a great theme even better.

Regards,
    R.A.

Anth33
    Participant

Thank you for responding to my request for improvements to the Mustang responsive menu. I downloaded the new update today. Very impressive response and nice change.

I’d like to see a bit more indentation on the menu, but its very good.
    Sincerely,
    R.A.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can do so by applying this custom CSS:

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {
     #nav-main li li a:before,
     #nav-main li li .inner:before { margin-right: 10px; } /* Set the value to your needs */
    }

Regards,

Oliver

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.