Can I create a slider with no text in the header area?

Home Forums Auberge Can I create a slider with no text in the header area?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Sue
    Participant

Can I create a slider with no text in the header area?

Resolved

Hello!

Can you please tell me how I can create a header-image slider that has not text on it – OR – a header-image slider that has text but no background (I don’t like the big rectangle-color background).

Thank you! Desperately awaiting your reply!

Sue

PS If you can recommend where to resize images to the recommended header-image size, I am all ears! I am new to this …

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

Please understand that custom sliders are available in paid version of the theme, so I can not provide much help here. But you can use your browser inspector tools to determine what custom CSS styles you need to use to hide the slider text.

The images you have uploaded to your WordPress are too small for the slider area. WordPress will automatically create suitable image sizes once you upload the image, so you don’t have to worry about that, but you need to provide the big enough image size to work with. For the minimum image sizes please refer to theme documentation. If you, for example, intend to use an image for banner slideshow, it should have dimensions of at least 1640px × 686px. So, you should be perfectly fine if you upload images of 1640px width to your website.

(Tip: I can see you are using Jetpack Photon image CDN on your website. Just a note here, when you delete already existing image on your website and upload a new one, bigger, but with the same name as the deleted image, Photon will still think it is the old image and won’t load the new bigger size. To fix this just rename the image and upload again.)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Sue
    Participant

Thanks so much for your reply. I have enlarged and reloaded the photos. Thanks for the tip about renaming them!

Two follow-up questions regarding my front page:

1. Is there a way to get a fourth column for the circle images (or to otherwise control sizing/layout of these)?

2. Is there a way to show larger-sized heading text in the widgeted areas?

THANK YOU!!!

Sue

Sue

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  Sue.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

Glad the solution worked. :)

1. This is unfortunate that Jetpack plugin’s Tiled Galleries hide the columns selector. The only way to set columns for your gallery is to switch back to WordPress native “Thumbnail Grid” gallery type, change columns, and then switch back to your preferred “Circles” gallery type:
    2. You need to use custom CSS for this:
      .widget-title {
      	font-size: 100%;
      }

Also, please note that you should log new issues as new support ticket(s). That way it is much easier to resolve and close the ticket. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Sue
    Participant

Thanks — do you mind telling me where to put the custom CSS? I’m new to this. Thanks very much.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Sue,

Please follow the references in “You might be interested…” section in my previous reply ;)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Sue
    Participant

Oh, I missed that; thank you!! I’ll check it out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.