Change position and modify text previous/next post navigation

Home Forums Modern Change position and modify text previous/next post navigation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Tasbien
    Participant

Change position and modify text previous/next post navigation

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Oliver Juhas,

Many thanks for your nice free template.

I wish to invert the Previous post block naviguation by Next post block naviguation and vice versa.
    I wish to replace the previous and Next post text by another.

Thanks for your time and help.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Tasbien,

Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme :)

To flip/invert the order of post navigation links, please use custom CSS:

.nav-links {
    	display: -webkit-box;
    	display: -ms-flexbox;
    	display: flex;
    	-ms-flex-wrap: wrap;
    	flex-wrap: wrap;
    }

.nav-previous {
    	-webkit-box-ordinal-group: 11;
    	-ms-flex-order: 10;
    	order: 10;
    }

I can see your website language is not English. So, if you only want to translate the text, please follow instructions in theme documentation.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Tasbien
    Participant

Oliver,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried with Loco Translate plugin but I did not find the text previous and next post… and for the moment it’s the only text I wan’t to modify/translate.If there is a method with css it avoids me using a plugin just for it.

If you can say me where is previous post, next post and continue reading, It interests me.

I add “text-align:right” in .nav-links but influence only the nav previous but not both nav title.

Thanks you

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Tasbien,

Please never edit theme core files as you will loose all the modifications once the theme is update. Also, the theme translation is not a reason for editing theme core files and it is not related to CSS either. Please follow the documentation link I’ve previously posted to properly translate WordPress software (including themes and plugins) into your language.

For Loco Translate plugin docs please see https://localise.biz/wordpress/plugin. The text is actually perfectly translatable using the plugin:

For you custom CSS modifications of the theme please try using your browser code inspector. Here is a custom CSS that might help:

.post-navigation .nav-next {
    	text-align: right;
    }

.post-navigation .nav-prev {
    	text-align: left;
    }

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Tasbien
    Participant

Oliver,

Thanks you a lot, have a nice day

Best regards,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.