child pages

Home Forums Icelander child pages

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    missbr1ghtside
    Participant

child pages

Hi,

I’m having difficulty setting up child pages. There’s a parent page with ‘no parent’ assigned, and ‘list child pages’ template applied. This has a number of child pages, but they don’t appear listed on the front end. I’ve looked at the guidance and it seems quite straightforward, but I’m clearly going wrong somewhere.

Can you advise?

Thanks

Bethan

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Bethan,

From your description it seems everything should work perfectly fine. Could you maybe provide access to your website so I can check personally please?

Also, you can install a theme demo content on your own computer to study how things are done in the theme.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

missbr1ghtside
    Participant

This is a private reply!

This reply has been marked as private.
    Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Bethan,

If the child pages are correctly set for that particular parent page I really don’t see a reason why they don’t work.

Could you maybe provide admin access so I can check the structure of the affected pages there please?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

missbr1ghtside
    Participant

This is a private reply!

This reply has been marked as private.
    Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Bethan,

Thank you for access, but I’m receiving “Forbidden, You don’t have permission to access /wp-login.php on this server.” error when accessing the URL.

If the access is not possible to grant, could you maybe please provide screenshots of your pages setup?

Here is a screenshot of how the pages are set in theme demo website:

I’ve also found a video showing how to create a child page (though the new WordPress interface is different, the procedure is the same).

Please, double check your child pages setup, and let me know if that worked. Thanks!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

missbr1ghtside
    Participant

Thanks Oliver, not sure why that login didn’t work. Please see attached screen grab. Not sure why my page doesn’t list the template…

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared
    Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Bethan,

Your screenshot seems perfectly OK.

Please, check the login screen restrictions maybe. Try to check if you are restricting the login to a specific geographical region only. I’m sorry, but I can’t resolve this issue without having a look at the admin. Also, please grant me admin access rights in case I’d need to tweak the theme files. Thank you.

Please, try to install the theme on your own computer and then import the theme demo content to double check how the things should work.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

missbr1ghtside
    Participant

No worries, I’ll take a look at the theme locally on the computer and try and figure it out. I’ll get back to you if I’m still having problems.

Thanks for getting back to me so promptly!

Kind Regards

Bethan

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.