Clifden

Home Forums Legacy themes & others Clifden

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

cplante
    Participant

Clifden

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Our website (hortau.com) was designed using the Clifden (v1.8.5) theme. The server it’s on will be shut down at the end of the month. We moved a copy of the WordPress server and theme to AWS using the All-in-One WP Migration plugin. After the migration, everything seems to work but the Revolution Slider (v.4.1.4).

The error we see during activation is: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_error().

We want to completely refresh our website. But we don’t have time now, and need a quick and dirty way to get the current one to work on AWS. I believe the problem is with a newer version of Php used on the new server?

Is there an easy way to update the Clifden theme or Revolution Slider to see if it will fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for the help. We’re a little bit squeezed for time. Otherwise, we’d be looking for a more elegant solution.

Thanks!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi cplante,

I can see you have already replaced the slider with other plugin on your website, which seems to be working fine.

As for Revolution Slider, bundling premium plugins was a common practice back when Clifden theme was released. I no longer bundle any premium plugins with my themes as this is considered a bad practice. Please understand that as Revolution Slider is a 3rd party software I do not provide support for it. The version that was bundled with the theme is an old one and you should really purchase a Revolution Slider plugin license separately to keep it up to date if you still want to use it. However, there are plenty of free replacements, such as Smart Slider 3.

Also, please understand that the theme was removed from distribution long time ago and no support is provided for it as of now. But I think the theme should work perfectly fine even with PHP7.

You can read more information about discontinued themes at https://github.com/webmandesign/legacy/tree/master/themes

Thank you for understanding!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

cplante
    Participant

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I’ve gone back to the old classic editor. We’re actually using the Flex Slider option (not Revolution). The bug appears to be that not all the Slide Groups appear under SLIDES GROUPS (in front page edit mode under the Slider tab). We only see one Slide Group (called “spanish”) when there are really three (below/spanish/french). If I go to our original website, all there Slide Groups appear under Slider.

Do you have any idea how this drop-down is populated? Can we force it to re-populate the Slide Groups list? I already deleted/re-created all the groups.

Thanks,

Christian

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Christian,

I’m sorry, I do not provide support for discontinued theme any more. Please understand that. I can’t even remember how this worked in the Clifden theme.

But from your writing I got a sense that you might be using a multilingual plugin on your website? If that’s the case, please note that these plugins hides content (even taxonomies) depending on the active language. Maybe try to switch to a different page language mutation to see the other slider groups? Or reconfigure the groups for use in other languages too – see your multilingual plugin documentation.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.