Custom CSS & some other customizer options not loading

Home Forums Monument Valley Custom CSS & some other customizer options not loading

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

immeemz
    Participant

Custom CSS & some other customizer options not loading

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi! First, to start out, I did clear my browser cache, did multiple super-reloads, etc. I also loaded the site in a new browser that had never had this site loaded on it before and confirmed my custom CSS is not loading.

In Appearance > Customize > Theme Options > Colors: Content I changed “Text Color” to black and clicked on “Publish”. On the preview page the color turns black. But refreshing, super-refreshing, or loading up the page in a new browser, the text stays gray.

I then attempted to use custom CSS to address the issue. (Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS). Inspecting the site, I see:

.site, .site-content, .set-colors-content, .set-colors-content > .fl-row-content-wrap, .set-colors-content > .fl-col-content {
        background-color: #fcfcfc;
        color: #737373;
        border-color: rgba(115,115,115,0.4);
    }

So I changed this to:

.site, .site-content, .set-colors-content, .set-colors-content > .fl-row-content-wrap, .set-colors-content > .fl-col-content {
        background-color: #fff;
        color: #000 !important;
    }

and again Published, refreshed, super-refreshed, etc etc. No change in the text.

I then downloaded an independent “custom CSS” plugin, made the CSS changes I wanted, refreshed the page, the text is black, and it works fine. But I deactivated this plugin because having paid for the theme I expect it to work as intended and not have to add more plugins because the theme is not working.

However, some other theme options work such as changing the “INTRO BACKGROUND FILTER”, the logo, the footer text, etc.

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Formatting code

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi immeemz,

I can see your theme customizer stylesheet has been actually generated but probably it hasn’t applied correct values.
    And judging by your “Additional CSS” customizer field not working either, which is actually a WordPress native customizer field not related to a theme, I think there might be something wrong with your server setup.

Are you maybe on a low cost hosting plan?
    Please check and modify your server’s PHP setting and PHP version accordingly (contact your hosting provider for help with these).

If the issue still persist, please provide admin access to your website.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Fixing typos

immeemz
    Participant

Actually, I just installed a child theme and now it works. I didn’t do anything else other than install a child theme. Doing the exact same process with the child theme, now the changes are taking hold.

immeemz
    Participant

But FWIW I am not on a low-cost hosting plan. I have a VPS. And I have not had any other similar issues on any of the many WordPress sites I have on this server. In any case, the child theme installation seems to have fixed whatever it was.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi immeemz,

So, do I understand correctly that now you can customize the theme and all your customization changes are correctly applied also on your website front end?

If so, then it seems there was a “mysterious” folder access issue on your server possibly.

Anyway, I’m glad the issue is resolved. In case of any future questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Also, worth checking, does your server applies any server caching solution? If so, please don’t forget to flush that cache when changing the website settings, or disable the server cache while developing the site.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

This is a private reply!

This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.