Customize Staff CPT

Home Forums Icelander Customize Staff CPT

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

fegso
    Participant

Customize Staff CPT

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello,

i am using your CPT staff for displaying different “classes” in the educational context of my site.
    Therefore the “properties” (departments, speciality) don’t fit exactly to my needs.

I have already identified the class-definition of staff. Is this/ there one single point of definition of the fields of your CPT where I could change these “properties”?

I would prefer a coding approach and not use a plugin to rename?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Andreas

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Andreas,

Please note that I do not suggest using Staff post type for a “classes” post type purposes. You would need to override quite a lot actually. I really think you should create your own custom post type for this purpose using a plugin or code, or use a dedicated plugin that will add the entire “classes” functionality into your website. That would be the easiest, the best and the most future proof approach for this issue in my opinion.

The “Departments”, “Positions” and “Specialties” are custom taxonomies related to Staff post type. Certainly, your “classes” post type should use different ones.

If you really need to use Staff post type, you can use plugins to modify its labels as it is much easier than using code:

• Use Custom Post Type Editor plugin to edit the post type.
    • Use Rename Taxonomies plugin to edit taxonomies.

(But I do not recommend this approach still.)

Tip: The Staff post type is declared with code in a WebMan Amplifier plugin, not in the theme. WordPress themes should not contain any custom post types, this functionality should be treated by plugins.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.