Customizing theme options not publishing

Home Forums Polyclinic Customizing theme options not publishing

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author

cryptokin
    Participant

Customizing theme options not publishing

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Customizing theme options not publishing. I see it customizing on the admin side but on the live site, no changes are reflected. I’ve emptied the browser’s cache, switched browsers, and even tried from different computers. I emailed the IT guys and they made some things writeable and they checked the error logs and don’t see anything.

Let me know if you need admin access. Thanks in advance. ~Aaron

cryptokin
    Participant

Attached is a screen shot of the WP customizer (published) and the live site (not applied).

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

Are your customizer settings saved once you publish, leave the customizer and come back? If not, there might be a problem with your PHP settings. Please refer to these 2 knowledge base articles to fix:

If the issue persist even after that, please provide admin access to your website so I can check personally.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

cryptokin
    Participant

Yes, the customizer settings are saved. So when I come back to the customizer I see the exact settings I chose, but I don’t see it on the live site. The most obvious is that I chose a white background for the header but it keeps on showing the default blue background on the live site.

Please send me the email address for admin access.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

Please create a temporary user account with custom password. Then just post the login credentials into a private reply here. No need for an email for temporary/dummy user accounts. Please read terms of service where you will find useful information.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Also, please, double check that your WordPress’ wp-content/uploads folder has correct permissions to write files. For example, you should be able to upload images to your media library with no issue.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

cryptokin
    Participant

This is a private reply!

This reply has been marked as private.

cryptokin
    Participant

My IT group has told me the permissions have been set correctly and are writeable. I even had them change it again, after I installed the theme and required plugins.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for access details, you can delete the account now.

There is a problem with your server setup. For example I can not even install any plugin. Installing plugins and themes is default WordPress functionality and should work fine. Installing a plugin/theme actually means creating a new folder on your server, where the new plugin/theme files are copied. And this is not working on your server as WordPress has no permission to access/connect to your server properly. You may even have issues with updating WordPress/plugins/theme in the future due to this problem.

Here is a popup screen I get to provide FTP credentials so WordPress can proceed with accessing your server’s storage:

Your server seems to have very high security setup or something. I suggest you contact your hosting provider and ask them to check this and provide solution. Or you can try to set up FTP credentials constants in your wp-config.php file yourself.

To explain, the theme actually needs WordPress to access your server storage and be able to create new files/folders there as the theme generates single CSS stylesheet file for optimization reasons once you save the customizer settings. This is obviously not working when WordPress has no access to your server’s storage.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

cryptokin
    Participant

Hi, you need to put in the correct username/password that has privileges to install plugins on the server. I have those privileges, but you don’t. I can install plugins, update WordPress no problem. So the server can create new directories etc.

I went to my IT group first before contacting you guys. This is what they told me.

I checked the file permissions. All files and subdirectories within /wp-content are writable by the web server. I checked the error logs on our end and was not able to find any errors involving manoa.hawaii.edu/mlmc. Unless your WordPress Dashboard is providing a specific error, there is not really much we can do on our end.

I’ve developed several WP sites with the IT department, however this is the first theme in which I’m using the “customize” area to make changes.

I noticed that in the default WP customize, my changes are reflected on the site, but on the Theme Options panel, none of those are being reflected.

Any additional insight to help would be welcome.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.