Home Forums Polyclinic Customizing theme options not publishing

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

Please note that I understand that once you provide the correct FTP credentials you will be able to install plugins/themes and updates. And once these are provided WordPress can access and create server storage without any issue.

What I’m implying is that this is not automatic. It requires those FTP credentials all the time. WordPress should probably not ask for those but do things automatically – although, this might be a personal preference issue ;).

There is no PHP error as this is not a code error. Simply put, the theme does not have access to create a file from customizer automatically.

Using customizer for the first time has nothing to do with the problem either, actually. You will find most of themes using customizer nowadays and majority of them will work fine even in your current WordPress server setup. The issue is related to my premium (paid) themes as they are more speed optimized by generating/creating a single stylesheet file instead of loading several ones and outputting inline customizer-generated CSS code into the HTML head. Everything is in the generated stylesheet file in my themes.

Please note that while your WordPress has no automatic access to your servers storage (meaning without needing to provide FTP credentials every time the access is requested), the theme is not able to create the stylesheet file.

But like I’ve mentioned in my previous reply, if you want to keep your current server setup, just try to define the proper FTP constants in your wp-config.php file. That way you set up your WordPress so it will no longer ask you for FTP access credentials and your experience with WordPress will be better.
    Here is an example code you can try to add into your wp-config.php file before /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ line:

// Start with forcing direct access:
    define( 'FS_METHOD', 'direct' );

// If the above code does not work, use this code instead:
    define( 'FTP_USER', 'your_username_here' );
    define( 'FTP_PASS', 'your_password_here' );
    define( 'FTP_HOST', 'ftp.example.org' );
    define( 'FTP_SSL', true ); // Make sure your server is SSL or set this to false.

(Please note that you might need to add additional FTP constants declarations depending on your server setup.)

You can even find several videos and tutorials on the topic too.

Also, please note that in vast majority cases it is not needed to provide the FTP access credentials in WordPress admin area. You are actually the first user I’ve met having this issue. Your experience should be much smoother.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Fixing typos

cryptokin
    Participant

OMG, it’s working. I only had to use the first part of the code which I added to the wp-config file.

// Start with forcing direct access:
    define( ‘FS_METHOD’, ‘direct’ );

Thank you so much.
    ~a

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

I’m glad the solution worked :)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.