Demo Content Import Issue

Home Forums Angelica Demo Content Import Issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    IvanAdamov
    Participant

Demo Content Import Issue

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi WebMan,

I’ve tried few times to import the demo content but at the end it’s missing some of the stuff.

I did add and activate all the required and optional plugins & so on.

You will see in the provided url that

1. The cart is missing from the header
    2. The parallax is missing from the boxes and the boxes are only two
    3. The sales section is empty & so on.

If needed we will provide access but we need the demo content to be 100% imported.

Best Regards,
    Ivan

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ivan,

Unfortunately, not all things can be imported due to limitations of WordPress import procedure.

1. The cart in secondary menu is provided with WooCommerce Menu Cart plugin, but feel free to use whatever similar plugin. (More info in theme documentation at https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/angelica/#plugins and https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/angelica/#navigation )

2. and 3. can not be imported by WordPress import process at all or not correctly.
    The parallax is actually done using a custom CSS:

.home .wc-block-featured-category {
    	background-attachment: fixed;
    	background-size: cover;
    	background-position: 50% 50%;
    }

The other content issues are related to WordPress assigning different database IDs for product categories (that’s why they don’t display all). Simply edit your page and edit the Product Category block to choose the one you need to display on there. (This would be different for any live website from demo content anyway.)

The “Books on sale” – I can’t really answer what could go wrong here. Please try to check the “On Sale Products” block settings in that section.

If it still doesn’t work, please provide admin access to your website so I can assist in person.

Please understand that demo content is only that: a demo that will be adapted/changed specifically for your live website. Certain blocks may have difficulty displaying because during the import process WordPress assigned different database IDs to items, but there is nothing I can do about it, just manually adapt the blocks after demo import.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

IvanAdamov
    Participant

Hello again,

We did not manage to make the changes you suggested because we do not have a developer in our team.

We will provide access to our site:

[ ADMIN EDIT: Login credentials removed ]

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Oliver Juhas. Reason: Login credentials removed
    Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ivan,

Please never provide website login credentials in public reply! Read terms of service for more info on the issue. In “YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED…” section in my previous reply there is a link to how to use private replies.

Thank you for login details, I was able to fix the issue. However please understand that the issue is not development related – it is a website content.

Here is what I did:

1. Edited homepage and adding a featured product category block into 3rd column of featured product categories section. In the future you will most likely want to display different featured product categories there. The only way to do this is to delete existing blocks and adding new ones and setting them up. This is limitation of WooCommerce blocks, not the theme.
    2. The sales products were not displayed as WooCommerce did not recognized any products on sale. I went ahead and edited some products (deleted their current sale price, saved, added new sale price, saved) and then the section correctly displayed the products on sale. This will again be different with your own products once you create them anew. (By the way, I’ve disabled the block editor for products in theme options for you as maybe you are more familiar with default WooCommerce product edit screen.)
    3. As you’ve already had the WooCommerce Menu Cart plugin installed and active, I just went ahead and set it up to display the cart in secondary navigation. Please refer to plugin documentation on how to set it up.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.