Disabling Intro Section While Keeping Breadcrumbs and Entry Title

Home Forums Monument Valley Disabling Intro Section While Keeping Breadcrumbs and Entry Title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lana
    Participant

Disabling Intro Section While Keeping Breadcrumbs and Entry Title

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Oliver!

Me again :-) I am trying to reduce my website’s page speed load and I thought that getting rid of intro image would help me. However, when I do so, breadcrumbs and H1 are gone (both of them are very important because I am search engine optimizing). Could you please let me know how I can keep those when I prefer not to use the intro section?

Thank you!

Best,
    Lana

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Lana,

You can disable the global custom header image in theme options in Appearance → Customize → Header Image → “Hide image” (you will most likely need to select some image first for the “Hide image” button to appear – there seems to be a WordPress issue with this…).

The theme will still display an intro image for posts/pages with featured image though. To remove this image, you can use this line in your child theme‘s functions.php file:

add_filter( 'wmhook_monument_valley_intro_custom_image_pre', '__return_empty_string' );

You can then also use addition custom CSS to tweak the intro spacing a bit, such as:

.intro {
    	padding-top: 4%;
    	padding-bottom: 4%;
    }

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Lana
    Participant

Hi Oliver, this takes my homepage intro away as well yet I would love to keep it!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Lana,

I’m not sure what you mean. The solution I’ve provided will not remove the intro section. It just removes the intro image.

The solution actually works perfectly fine for me. Have you tried it in your child theme?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.