Display after 2nd click in Portfolio Item

Home Forums Modern Display after 2nd click in Portfolio Item

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Reina

Display after 2nd click in Portfolio Item

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi,
    I love the theme and it’s almost perfect for me.
    One thing I would like to change.
    In the Portfolio the display of pictures is how I like it. http://www.reinasmallenbroek.nl/fotografie/?post_type=jetpack-portfolio
    In Firefox, when clicking twice on a picture it gives a gray background and the picture centered.
    In Chrome and Internet Explorer when clicking twice on a picture it aligns the picture to the left on a white background. I don’t like that.
    So it looks like it is a browser related problem.

Can I disable the second click? There is no need to display the picture again.
    I am a complete n00b in WordPress and CSS. Don’t know if it is a WordPress, Jetpack – plugin or Modern Theme related problem.
    So please explain in simple language. ;-) (I am Dutch)

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

I am not experiencing the issue you describe.

Besides, double clicking on websites doesn’t really work, actually. When you click the image you are immediately redirected to the post/project page. There is no double click action in browsers as far as I know. And the theme doesn’t force any such behavior.

Do you use some accessibility tools for browsing the web on your computer?

Do you experience the same issue on theme demo website? http://themedemos.webmandesign.eu/modern/

Regards,

Oliver

Reina

Hi, Thanks for responding.
    What I mean is, if I click on the image from a post in the Portfolio, it gives a larger version of the image (and yes indeed, you are right, on the project page). When I click again on that image, it displays a bigger version. And if i click again on the picture, it displays the biggist version of the image. So there is no dubble clicking, but clicking again after the image is displayed. This behavior also occurs in the demo of the Modern Theme.

My problem is that the bigger version (after clicking once – bigger picture – and clicking again) in IE and Chrome is displayed on the left upper edge of the canvas on a white background. Not nice at all.
    In Firefox it is displayed in the centre of the page and on a nice background.
    Since IE and Chrome can’t display the image in a nice way I would like to disable expanding the image on the second click. In my case it would be better nothing would happen if you click again.

I don’t use accessibility tools for browsing the web.

The problem occurs also on other PC’s at a friends house.

This is what happens in IE and Chrome: (can’t edit the order of the pictures below… first “click-once.jpg” than “click-twice.jpg” and than “after-click-2.jpg” And the other 3 pictures are when using Forefox “01firefox-click.jpg”, “02firefox-click-2.jpg” and “03firefoxafterclick2.jpg”

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Now I understand your issue ;)

The last click on the image actually displays the specific image in whole size, leaving your website. And the different layout you see in different browsers is how the browsers display the single images (so, no HTML, just an image file).

There are 2 ways to go about:

Regards,

Oliver

Reina

Hi Oliver,
    Thanks for your patience.
    I do use Responsive Lightbox plugin and it does an excellent job on my standard pages
    http://www.reinasmallenbroek.nl/fotografie/gereedschappen-van-photoshop-en-het-gedrag/ An image on the page is after clicking on it displayed in the lightbox.

On my Portfolio pages the image is added as featured image and does not goes into the lightbox. (for settings, see attachement)

I will try your second solution.
    Have to study on that for a while because it is completely new for me.
    Thanks so far.
    I will let you know If I keep running into difficulties I can’t solve or if it is solved.
    Happy Easter.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Please note that there are more plugins named “Responsive Lightbox”. I have tried a lot of lightbox plugins claiming they work for all images including featured image but none was able to do it except the one I have linked to in my previous post. Please try that particular plugin to see if it works for you.

Regards,

Oliver

Reina

Okay. I will. Thanks again.
    Reina

Edit… I installed it, but it did not make any difference. I will study on the code modification you mentioned.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you provide the admin access to your website so I can check please? Have you set up the plugin correctly? It should work.

Regards,

Oliver

Reina

Thanks for responding again. Am still strugling with your solution.
    What I find a disadvantage of the second click (to the largest image) is that visitors fall of my site… (in html I would give the image a blanc).

Test if this message will be private, so I can provide the admin access ;-)

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for access. This is really about finding the right lightbox plugin that would work. There are not much free lightbox plugins that does the job for everything (probably there is none). But I’ve found a plugin that works for your need: https://wordpress.org/plugins/iw-magnific-popup/

Another solution would be removing the link programatically like I’ve mentioned via child theme‘s functions.php file:

function my_remove_single_image_link( $image_link ) {
     if ( is_single() ) {
      $image_link = array();
     }

return $image_link;
    }
    add_filter( 'wmhook_entry_image_link', 'my_remove_single_image_link' );

Regards,

Oliver

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.