Displaying the author in blog entries

Home Forums Icelander Displaying the author in blog entries

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sv3nsen
    Participant

Displaying the author in blog entries

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Maybe I missed a setting for this (not really sure), but as it appears for me, the author name (user who wrote a blog post) is not being displayed in the blogposts?
    Can I change that without touching the code itself?

Best regards,
    s.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi sv3nsen,

Please note that the theme hides author name if there is only 1 author on your website. However, the author name is still accessible for search engines and assistive technology, it is just hidden from plain sight.

This is due to presumption that a website with only 1 author is actually all about the author and so there is no need to display author’s name all the time. This is also how WordPress native themes work.

As the theme supports Jetpack plugin’s Content Options, you can display author biography box after the post content on a single post pages, similarly like it is on theme demo website.

If you, however, want to display author name all the time, please use this custom CSS (follow the link below to find out how to add the CSS very easily into WordPress):

body:not(.group-blog) .entry-meta .author {
    	clip: auto;
    	position: static !important;
    	height: auto;
    	width: auto;
    	line-height: inherit;
    }

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.