Edit "CONTINUE READING …" button

Home Forums Monument Valley Edit "CONTINUE READING …" button

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    nikreutz
    Participant

Edit "CONTINUE READING …" button

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Support Team,

how can I edit / translate the “CONTINUE READING” … “button which is displayed on parent pages below the child page excerpt?

My website is in German, so I would like to change the text to German (“Weiterlesen …”).

This question refers to the Monument Valley Theme.

Many thanks for your help!
    Nina

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

Thank you for the question. For translating the theme into your language, please follow the instructions in theme documentation.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

nikreutz
    Participant

Hi Oliver,

thanks for your reply. I tried it this way and created a de_DE.po with the translation. However, it didn’t work. I assume the string “Continue reading%s…” which can be found in the original monument-valley.pot file refers to a different position in the theme. “%s: Name of current post.” makes me think it might belong to a blog view.

Can you please take a second look?

Thanks,
    Nina

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

Yes, that should be perfectly fine and WordPress should pick that translation without any issue.

Have you generated a de_DE.mo file with Poedit? WordPress only uses the .mo files for translations.
    Can you also tell me where you’ve put the translation file? Into WordPress language files folder or into your child theme?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

nikreutz
    Participant

Hi Oliver,

yes, I generated a de_DE.mo and a de_DE.po file with PoEdit. As I wasn’t sure which languages folder is correct, I put them in these two locations:

1. /wp-content/languages/themes/
    2. /wp-content/themes/monument-valley/languages/

I’m afraid the button still shows the English text. Any suggestion what I might try to change this? I really appreciate your help!

Thanks,
    Nina

nikreutz
    Participant

Hi Oliver,

my apologies, this morning I checked again and the button text is translated. Probably this was a simple browser cache issue.

Thanks again for your help yesterday – and have a great day :-)
    Nina

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Nina,

This probably means that the theme is picking up your translation file from monument-valley/languages/. Please do not put your translation files in that folder. You will loose the translation file once the theme is updated in the future.

Instead put your file into /wp-content/themes/my-child-theme/languages/ folder, where my-child-theme is the folder name of your child theme, or into /wp-content/languages/themes/monument-valley/ folder (you will most likely need to create the monument-valley folder on your server within /wp-content/languages/themes/ folder first).

Or alternatively please use Loco Translate plugin to translate the theme texts directly in your WordPress dashboard.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.