editing portfolio page on icelander

Home Forums Icelander editing portfolio page on icelander

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ldawson
    Participant

editing portfolio page on icelander

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

I am building a site using icelander theme. I am working on the portfolio page of the site. I downloaded the demo content for Icelander, and want to keep the basic portfolio layout, but edit the content for the different projects. I’ve been able to edit the project content using the “projects” section in wordpress. However, I also want to edit the main “portfolio” page (the url is http://mywebsite.net/index.php/projects/) (I changed my web address to “mywebsite” for privacy). I would like to edit it with Beaverbuilder. However, I can’t find that page in the “pages” section of wordpress, there is no page titeled “portfolio” or “projects” or anything similar. Most of the other pages for the site are under the pages section, and I can edit them. How do I edit the portfolio page?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  ldawson.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ldawson,

Please note that what you want to edit is called post type archive page. Archive pages are not easily editable in WordPress, just by code, and they are not listed under “Pages” admin menu.

However, if you have installed a theme demo content, please have a look at “Home – portfolio” page example. You can simply create a classic page and display projects with page builder there.

Alternatively, there is actually a way to edit WordPress archive pages without coding – you can use a paid Beaver Themer plugin as Icelander is fully compatible with it.

If you are new to WordPress, I suggest checking out the “First steps with WordPress” section in theme documentation.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

ldawson
    Participant

Thanks for the quick reply!

I have installed the demo content. I think I will just use the home-portfolio page example, and edit that. I do have one question related to that: The top of the page has a large red box, I’d like to change the color of that box, and can’t seem to find an option for that in customizer, or in the beaver builder page. Is there a way to change the color (or simply remove) that box? Here’s a link: http://industrialalchemy.net/index.php/home-3/home-portfolio/

I do have the paid pro beaver builder plugin, I’ll look into using the beaver themer to edit the archive page. I am very new to wordpress, so I appreciate the help!

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 5 days ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi ldawson,

Please note that I can’t access your website as it is in maintenance mode, so, no need to post any links ;)

The red background is set as page builder column background – please edit your Beaver Builder columns.

To remove that section simply delete the entire row in the page builder (Beaver Builder).

If you are new to Beaver Builder, please follow links to tutorials from theme documentation.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.