Enabling hover underlines on links (but not buttons)

Home Forums Icelander Enabling hover underlines on links (but not buttons)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

waterfalltom
    Participant

Enabling hover underlines on links (but not buttons)

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi guys, is there a way to enable underline on hover on links, but exclude buttons, as per the Icelander demo? The site I’m working on for some reason doesn’t have link underlines enabled, so I’ve added in some custom css but this has meant that buttons are underlined too.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi waterfalltom,

What do you mean exactly? Please note that the theme applies underline on all links by default, and it removes the underline when you hover the link. However, some areas, such as navigational menu does not have underlines at all. This can be previewed on theme demo website.

And from what I can see, your website seems to apply the same styles.

If you experience any issue, maybe a page builder styles are interfering here?

If you want to make hover links underlined still, here is custom CSS you can use:

a:not(.button):hover {
      text-decoration: underline;
    }

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

waterfalltom
    Participant

Perfect! Thank you :-)

waterfalltom
    Participant

Hi Oliver, I am using Beaver Builder as recommended by you/your team but I can’t seem to get links to be underlined (and then not underlined when hovered). Do you know why this might be? It seems to work fine and as I want it on your page builder post demo (made with BB): https://themedemos.webmandesign.eu/icelander/post-6/

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi waterfalltom,

I can see the page builder’s styles override the theme’s links styles and apply custom ones without underline, indeed.

However, I’ve just tested personally, adding simple Text Editor module into content with a link, and it works perfectly fine for me. Do you maybe apply some specific style settings in your Beaver Builder that might override the link styles?

Please try to contact Beaver Builder support to resolve this issue. Or, actually, I can see some CSS for .uabb-... classes in the Beaver Builder stylesheet. Are you maybe using some Beaver Builder extension? Maybe the link overrides come from there. In that case please contact your extension support and ask them not to apply custom styles to links – they should leave it for themes anyway.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.