excerpts editing

Home Forums Reykjavik excerpts editing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JChesnut
    Participant

excerpts editing

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi there

I’m using Reykjavik on my first self-hosted website through wordpress and wondering if I can apply more editing to the excerpts near the top of my page. For example, I would like to have more spaces between the quotes and the authors names and I’d also like to change the size of the quote.

I have no coding experience and know only basic concepts. I’m using beaverbuilder plug in with the website.

Is this possible?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi JChesnut,

The easiest solution for this would be using HTML in your excerpt. Specifically, the combination of <blockquote> and <cite> HTML tags will most likely achieve what you’re looking for:

You can insert those HTML tags directly into excerpt field like so:
    <blockquote>Quote text goes here, no need for quotation marks. <cite>Quote author goes here</cite></blockquote>

Or simply install and activate “Rich Text Excerpts” plugin to enable WYSIWYG editor for the excerpt field, so you can simply use the “Formats” dropdown button to create blockquotes with cites in them without coding.

Tip: When using the plugin, make sure to enable it for pages and enable “Use the full version of the editor” in plugins settings.

Tip: When writing blockquote with cite, first write the whole text inline, together with the cited author info (or separate the author info to new line using soft line break – SHIFT+ENTER), then select the whole text and apply blockquote formatting first. Only then select the cited author info within and apply the cite formatting.

Other than that you would need to use custom CSS applied to your custom HTML (or on blockquote+cite HTML I’ve provided above) to style the quote the way you like. Or try to hire someone to modify the theme looks for you.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.