Expand (DIV?) box for Page-title or Intro-title

Home Forums Reykjavik Expand (DIV?) box for Page-title or Intro-title

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

graced
    Participant

Expand (DIV?) box for Page-title or Intro-title

Resolved

On the static home page of my website, I need the box that contains the page title or intro title (I don’t know which one is the proper term) to be wider so that the text isn’t all bunched up on the left- it looks incomplete that way. I am not a web designer, I have minimal experience with design, aside from a few coding classes in college. I have been working in the “Additional CSS” area to try to solve this issue.

Would I be able to do this if I purchase the domain and download using FileZilla and edit it that way? I have done that once in the past in college, but I can’t figure out how to do it now- Would I have to purchase the domain?

Anyways, if anyone has a simple solution- that is great. If my idea about downloading and editing using HTML would work, I can try to do that, too.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi graced,

You can achieve this with this custom CSS:

.intro-special .intro-inner {
    	max-width: none;
    	width: 100%;
    }

Please try using your web browser code inspector to determine your theme styles modification.
    You can also check online CSS tutorials.

Purchasing a domain has nothing to do with this modification. But certainly you will be able to apply it once you purchase a domain, too.

Also, here are some links you might be interested in:

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

graced
    Participant

Oliver, you ROCK! This worked like a charm. Thank you VERY much. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.