Explore Accessible Functionality – Monument Valley

Home Forums Monument Valley Explore Accessible Functionality – Monument Valley

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dameger
    Participant

Explore Accessible Functionality – Monument Valley

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi

The accessibility on the Monument Valley is great… in fact, too good for what I need it for :-)

I want to be able to include some failures on the accessibility front and wanting to use this template to break a few elements! This is purely to highlight the importance of accessibility by the way.

How easy is it for me to locate the code (in all areas of the site) to break a slider for example; or include functionality like automatic postcode look-ups (additional JavaScript functionality) if required?

Thanks in advance.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi dameger,

I’m not really sure I understand the question. Please understand that I build accessibility ready themes not actually for breaking accessibility :)

You can modify the code of my themes using action and filter hooks. If these are not sufficient enough, you can still override whole files in your child theme. If you want to override a specific accessibility feature of this theme, simply log a new support ticket explaining the feature you want to override and I will provide you with the best approach to do so.

But maybe instead of breaking theme accessibility you can introduce a certain blocks in your website content that are not accessible (for illustration, if I understand correctly).

As the theme has no control over your website content you can basically render it inaccessible the way you want. But, just a reminder, this will fail the accessibility for the whole page. You can do so by not taking care of accessibility best practices in your website content.

break a slider for example

I’m not sure what you mean. There is no slider in the theme. But sliders can be added with plugins.

include functionality like automatic postcode look-ups (additional JavaScript functionality)

Again, I don’t quite understand what you mean “automatic postcode look-ups”. Maybe you can use a plugin for this? If you want to add a custom JavaScript to your website, this is possible via a child theme or via plugins. With page builder plugins you can do so per page basis as far as I’m aware.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.