Failing Mobile-Friendly Test?

Home Forums Modern Failing Mobile-Friendly Test?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Phil185
    Participant

Failing Mobile-Friendly Test?

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hey, I’m having some trouble with your theme and the “Mobile-Friendly Test” that Google offers. I haven’t downloaded any weird plug-ins or anything. In fact, I don’t think I’ve downloaded any plug-ins besides the ones you guys recommend, but I’m still failing the mobile-friendly test for every page except the homepage.

My URL is philsykora.com

Every other page receives two errors: “clickable elements too close together” and “content wider than screen.”

Is this a Google problem? For what it’s worth, I think the site looks great on mobile. I just don’t have any idea how to go about fixing the problem, and I don’t want to get dinged for SEO.

Thanks for any help.

Here’s an example of a page that “isn’t mobile friendly:” philsykora.com/blog

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Phil185,

I’m sorry, I’m not sure what that really means. As you can test yourself, the theme is fully responsive and adapts to mobile screens without any issue. I don’t know what Google expect it to look or behave like.

But anyway, when I test the theme demo website homepage, I get positive result. The same as with with your homepage. The issue only appears to occur for Google for the blog page test, which displays 2 errors of “Clickable elements too close together” and “Content wider than screen”.

I can confirm the “Content wider than screen” must be a false positive as I am not able to scroll the mobile screen horizontally when visiting the page.

The “Clickable elements too close together” provides no information what elements Google thinks are affected, so I don’t really know how to help here. Maybe ask Google for more information about this result?

FYI, once I also received similar notice by Google by email about my own website https://www.webmandesign.eu but I wasn’t able to resolve those issues as Google had not provided any specific information. I’ve checked all my website pages and they were all perfectly fine. So, I’m not really sure what to think about such Google notifications/warnings. But I tend to test it personally and decide upon that – Google is not a real person, you know ;)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.