Featured Image default size

Home Forums Polyclinic Featured Image default size

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cryptokin
    Participant

Featured Image default size

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

I’m wondering how to get the best quality output on the featured image on my homepage where I have enlarged the POST feeds. I have a suspicion that whatever I upload in the featured image area, it compresses it. Some featured images are sharp and some are not.

polyclinic-banner-post: 665 × 222, cropped In posts list as first post featured image.

It could have something to do with the retina display, but I’m wondering what a good solution (size of image uploading & if I need to change the size on how it crops the featured image).

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi cryptokin,

Do you mean the images in your homepage post slider page builder module? If so, then please check your page builder module settings, maybe there is a way to select what image size you want to display in the slider. Please understand that such module is not part of the theme, so this is not a theme related issue really.

As for image sizes, please set them up according to “Recommended image sizes” info under Settings → Media in your WordPress admin.
    You can certainly set the native WordPress image sizes of Thumbnail, Medium and Large to your needs.
    If you want to modify image sizes added by the theme, I believe you can use a plugin such as https://sk.wordpress.org/plugins/simple-image-sizes/ (or possibly also https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-image-sizes/).

The polyclinic-banner-post image size is used in default WordPress post lists such as blog page. Please understand that the slider on your homepage is not a default post list. Like I’ve mentioned, try to play with the slider settings to choose what image size should be used in it or contact the plugin support.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.