Filters showing 'all' categories instead of relevant categories.

Home Forums Monument Valley Filters showing 'all' categories instead of relevant categories.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

LMS
    Participant

Filters showing 'all' categories instead of relevant categories.

Hey there mate, good theme. Just a small thing on the Events pages, we’ve created 3 types of events, and we are separating these into a page each.

We then use the categories to filter these event types. The issue is it shows all categories on all pages.

What we expect: show categories that only have content on each page and hide categories that do not have content on this page.
    Eg see here it shows all categories:
    https://monosnap.com/file/TA44ObPUaoAojTESylhQxllPJbwWao

We expect it to only show categories with sports that exist on this page.

Can you help please?

Thanks in advance.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi LMS,

Thank you I’m glad you like the theme.

I’m not quite sure if I understand exactly what you are trying to achieve here.

Using the “Filter by” field in WM Posts/Custom Posts page builder module displays an animated filter above the posts (projects) list.
    If you set the filter to a taxonomy name, such as project_category it will display all project categories.
    But you can set it to display only subcategories of specific project category by setting project_category:parent-category-slug-1 for example.

But if you only want to display projects from a specific project category on the page, please use “From taxonomy” field instead of “Filter by” field. Simply set it to project_category:display-only-this-category-slug for example.

Specific project category slug can be obtained in the list on Projects → Project Categories admin page.

If this doesn’t help, please try to explain your situation in more details and provide admin access to your website so I can check personally.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.