Fira Sans Font – Make Light

Home Forums Modern Fira Sans Font – Make Light

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Theodore
    Participant

Fira Sans Font – Make Light

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi, on Modern Theme, the default font is Fira Sans with weight 400 or 500. I would like to make the default font for my customization to be the Fira Sans Light (Fira Sans with weight 300). How do I do that?

When I go to Customizing > Theme Options > Typography > Custom Fonts, and put “Fira Sans Light” in place of “Fira Sans”, it doesn’t work. I get Times New Roman instead.

I went to this Custom CSS and put this, then it worked:

}
    p {
    	font-weight:300;
    }

But when I do this, the font-weight in the editors don’t change. How can I make it so that everything is based on the default weight 300 including the text editors and forms without having to change it individually?

Thank you,
    Theodore

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Theodore,

As described at Appearance → Customize → Theme Options → Typography → Custom Fonts Setup, once you disable the theme fonts (that’s why the Times New Roman is displayed, which is most likely a default font on your browser on your operating system), you need to use a plugin to load your custom fonts into your website. Please use one of font plugins to load the Fira Sans Light font from Google Fonts.

Then you can apply your custom CSS. However, as far as I know there is no easy way of applying custom CSS for WordPress editor. You can try searching some plugin that can do this for you, but unfortunately, I haven’t heard of any, so I can’t really provide any recommendation here.

If you are using a new WordPress 5.0+ editor (also called Gutenberg), you can add your custom CSS via your child theme using a code.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.