Font issue after updating to 1.2.1

Home Forums Modern Font issue after updating to 1.2.1

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

robsmiley

Font issue after updating to 1.2.1

Resolved

Hi there

Thanks for the theme, which looks great. I updated to 1.2.1 yesterday but I seem to have lost the default helvetica style font I had for logo font, headings font and general text font. I have tried to fix this in Customise > Themes > Font but I cannot preview options, and even when I save any different font, the same font appears on the live site. I am probably being a fool, and I’m a bit new to this. Can you help me?

This is the font that I seem to be “stuck with” : http://stsdevents.net
    The original font I had, which I would prefer to keep, is the same as appears in the demo in the video entitled “Setting up a front page banner/slider using Jetpack’s Featured Content functionality”

Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere else. I did my best to look for a solution!

Thanks
    Rob

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Rob,

Indeed, the Google Font function logic was rebuilt in 1.2 update, so now when no font is set up, it falls back to Fira Sans, which is default font used for the theme.

However, if you navigate to Appearance > Customize > Theme > Fonts and choose “- do not use Google Font” option, the font on your website should actually fall back to Helvetica. If this is not applied immediately for you, try to flush your browser’s cache or if you use a website caching plugin, flush that cache too.

Regards,

Oliver

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.