Footer height

Home Forums Modern Footer height

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Drolleddu
    Participant

Footer height

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi Olivier,
    I’m still trying to personalize the theme before going live (I’ve tried also other themes, but still this one (modern) is the best I’ve tried ;-) ).
    I want to ask you if there is any way to reduce the footer area that now seems to big for my purpose (see screenshot).
    I’ve tried combining different personal css codes, but without any good results.
    What I’m searching for is the bar more slim and placed at the end of the page, like now is apart a little gap at very bottom part.
    I’m using also a child theme to personalize the theme without loosing everything with the updates.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
    Pierluigi

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Pierluigi,

Please try to use your web browser code inspector to determine what CSS you need to use for your theme modifications.

This custom CSS will help:

.site-footer-area-inner {
    	padding-top: 1em;
    	padding-bottom: 1em;
    }

As for keeping the footer at the bottom of the screen, please understand that this actually depends on your page content size. You may force the footer to the bottom following one of tutorials on the net.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Drolleddu
    Participant

Thank you Olivier,
    the CSS code you sent it worked perfectly. The strange thing now is that the footer is at the end of each page (I suppose based on the page content that put it down), but in the home page (that is basically empty apart the slider) is still in the middle. I’ll try the tutorials you sent me to do that also in the home page.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.