Forstron problem – please help – UPDATED QUERY

Home Forums Forstron Forstron problem – please help – UPDATED QUERY

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bmalik
    Participant

Forstron problem – please help – UPDATED QUERY

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

I purchased this theme from you. Theme Forest purchase code: [ ADMIN EDIT: PURCHASE CODE REMOVED ]

Please give instructions on how to build the default template shown on Theme Forest link

https://themeforest.net/item/forstron-legal-business-wordpress-theme/10935963

Please do not refer back to generic instructions at :

https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/forstron/#demo-content

as I have not found them to be very clear or detailed on this subject.

I bought this theme on the basis it would look exactly like the version in the link and am very disappointed so far.

Please assist.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by  bmalik.
    • This topic was modified 1 month ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Removing purchase code

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi bmalik,

I’m sorry for you frustration.

Please understand that WordPress theme only provides design to your website.

What you refer to is a demo content, which is an optional starter content I provide as a theme author for my customers for free so they don’t have to start blank if they don’t want to. Forstron theme is compatible with a one-click demo content installation process. Simply install and activate the One Click Demo Import plugin and then navigate to Appearance → Import Demo Data for instructions on how to import the demo. As mentioned at that admin page, you will also need to install some additional plugins if you want your website to look exactly like the theme demo website. Once the plugins (WebMan Amplifier and Beaver Builder Lite) are activated, you can proceed and click the “Import demo data” button on Appearance → Import Demo Data page. The process of importing data should take a while, but once finished, your website will look exactly the same as the theme demo website. (But please note that demo media are of low quality as explained also in theme documentation.)

I have not found them to be very clear or detailed on this subject.

Could you please provide more information about what you find unclear so I can update the info provided in theme docs?

If you are new to WordPress, please check the tutorials mentioned in theme documentation at https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/forstron/#wordpress

Please note that your image was not attached. The max allowed attachment size is 200 KB as stated in reply form. Try to make your image smaller (use JPG format) and reattach it again.

If you still experience an issue installing theme demo content, please provide admin access to your website so I can check personally.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

FYI: I have deleted your previous duplicate ticket.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

bmalik
    Participant

Dear Oliver

Thankyou for your reply.

I appreciate your effort to try and help, however I believe we are referring to different templates.

What you are giving me instructions to is the default template as per the attached link to my website: http://www.demstonechambers.co.uk/ . However this is not what I am referring to.

Please click on the Theme Forest link I sent above:

https://themeforest.net/item/forstron-legal-business-wordpress-theme/10935963

What I am trying to achieve is the look on the initial preview page whereby there is a large Forstron box on a grey background running down the left of the page, and then six widgets boxes on the right hand side, with a photo above them. For the avoidance of doubt please see the attached Word document, which contains the image.

I only bought the theme because I believed it was possible to set the appearance in accordance with the initial preview. If I can’t set the theme to that appearance then I will have no choice but to abandon the theme and purchase something else, which would be very disappointing.

If it is not possible to set the template as above then the theme has been advertised on Theme Forest in a way that is misleading.

I appreciate your continuing help in resolving this issue.

Kind regards

Bmk

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Bmk,

We both are referring to a Forstron WordPress theme. But there seems to be a misunderstanding about what a theme is. Please understand that a theme screenshot contains a preview of a theme in action, with an example of a content of a website. Otherwise it is not actually really possible to preview a theme. It has to be applied on some content. A screenshot is just a visual representation of what is possible. There are infinite number of other different layouts a theme offers. Screenshot is just one of them.

And to achieve the screenshot preview, which was taken from the theme demo website, you simply need to install the theme demo content. That’s it really. There is nothing misleading here.

You can actually even preview any theme in official WordPress repository and you’ll see the screenshot is totally different from when you click the “Preview” button. Here is an example for WordPress native Twenty Nineteen theme: you can see the screenshot on theme info page, then click the “Preview” button to see the it does not look like the theme screenshot at all. The reason is simple, the screenshot was taken with a different website content. But the theme is still the same :)

Visiting your website URL I can see now the theme demo content was applied correctly and your website looks the same as Forstron theme screenshot. So I consider this issue resolved. If you have any additional questions, just reply to this ticket please.

But I think there is also a misunderstanding about ThemeForest preview/marketing image. Please note that actual theme preview is within the image, not the whole image:

That’s why there is actually a theme demo website link applied on the preview image – to preview the theme live:

It’s the same with any other of my ThemeForest themes and their preview images, and actually with any other ThemeForest themes generally – the theme will not display the way the marketing preview image is created, but the image itself may contain a theme preview (with some themes this is not even the case).

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.