30 May 2018 at 19:46 #18558
Free Auberge vs. Auberge Plus …Resolved
Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you ♥
I am wanting to do various things with the site I am making, and I am wondering if you can indicate, after each of the following, whether it can be accomplished with Free Auberge, Auberge Plus, or Neither? I am trying to determine whether to purchase Auberge Plus or to just go with a different theme.
1. Place text on Header Image with NO BACKGROUND COLOR.
2. Increase speed of Header Image Slider.
3. Re-arrange order Food Menu sections (I can see where to drag and drop individual food items, but I can’t seem to re-order the sections).
4. Edit text in the Footer line that includes the copyright, “Using Auberge WordPress Theme,” etc.
Thank you VERY much for helping me to figure out how much control I have here.
Sue30 May 2018 at 20:07 #18560
Thank you for considering Auberge Plus upgrade.
- Yes, with Auberge Plus you can use a custom home page banner. It will become a widget area, so you can easily use a slider plugin such as Smart Slider 3 to create any banner (header image).
- As you can use any slider plugin, you can tweak slider speed in plugins settings. Smart Slider 3 certainly allows for that.
- This is already possible with Auberge free theme. Actually, it is a feature of Jetpack plugin. You can rearrange Food Menu Sections directly in Food Menus → Menu Items:
- Yes, you can set custom footer copyright text easily in Appearance → Customize → Theme Options → Texts with Auberge Plus.
WebMan Design30 May 2018 at 21:52 #18561
Hi again Oliver,
Your replies are super helpful, thank you. I think I am going to purchase Auberge Plus but just have a couple more questions! Apologies for the inefficiency.
1. Does Auberge Plus allow me to make the site full-width? (not a deal-breaker)
2. Is there a way to control mobile appearance (for example, at the top of the site on the iphone view, I don’t love the way the logo is not centered, or the way the social menu appears sort of awkwardly just below the logo)?
I will start a new ticket for any other questions. Thanks again!!
Sue31 May 2018 at 09:31 #18562
None of the additional questions can be managed by theme options in any of my themes actually.
- I have already provided a solution on how to make the theme display fullwidth. Searching this forum will show all related tickets.
- This question was also resolved already ;)
WebMan Design31 May 2018 at 19:57 #18565
Awesome, thanks. The video on customizing a theme CSS was exactly the info I’ve been looking for. Thanks again.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.