full-width sections

Home Forums Reykjavik full-width sections

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

oakhillman
    Participant

full-width sections

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Sorry to bother you Oliver but this is driving me nuts. How can I make full-width sections in the content area with Reykjavik? Providing an example website below. See the “Our Instructors” and “Upcoming Events” sections. And like the example, a background image for the section would be great too.

https://www.songassembly.co/

P.S. I’m starting to use Gutenberg and have it installed on a test site but it doesn’t seem to help regarding this issue. Guessing I could have full-width sections with Beaver Builder but I really want to stick with Gutenberg.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

The website you’ve provide is actually not Reykjavik powered, correct? If you could provide the specific page URL that you have problem with, I would be more precise with my resolution.

If you are using Beaver Builder page builder, this can be simply done by tweaking the row settings (you can set the background image and subsequent text color there too).
    If you are using other page builder plugin, make sure you set up correct content area layout for use with your page builder (for example, it would be fullwidth/stretched when using Elementor).

You can actually see similar sections on theme demo website (and thus in theme demo content).

The theme is not compatible with Gutenberg yet, as the feature is still in development and not even released in WordPress, as you might understand. I am currently working on Gutenberg compatibility in my themes, so stay tuned for theme update (however, please understand that my paid themes are prioritized here).
    Currently the only way for adding fullwidth sections in pages is using a page builder plugin.
    Anyway, you should not use Gutenberg on your live website still as it is still in development. Please understand that I can not provide support for beta features in WordPress.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

oakhillman
    Participant

Oliver,

Thank you for your prompt reply. You are correct, the example website is not Reykjavik powered, or at least I don’t think it is. It’s a friend’s website, not one I designed. Your reply was plenty precise and I appreciate your thoroughness.

I suppose I’m getting a little impatient waiting for Gutenberg to be core. I will take your advice and wait.

I’ve used Elementor and yes, it does what I want regarding a full-width/stretched section. I’ll use that for now.

Thanks again!
    Mark

P.S. Just sent you $20. I’m so glad you helped me with this and I continue to use Reykjavik on every site I design.

I encourage others to support Oliver. He’s one special developer for sure.
    https://www.paypal.me/webmandesign/20

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Thank you so much for another donation! Wou! :) I’ll do my best to release the theme update soon so you can test the Gutenberg with the theme.

To explain, even that Gutenberg was planned for release in WordPress 5.0 this month, you should really expect it at least in June. The priority nowadays is GDPR, the EU privacy regulation, tools for which will be integrated in upcoming “minor” WordPress update. I’d say Gutenberg will wait for release even more, as I’m sure WordPress doesn’t want to introduce a lot of changes in short period of time and thus overwhelm users.
    And, actually, there is no specific date, not even month set on WordPress 5.0 (with Gutenberg) release yet – it just says 2018. There is still a lot for Gutenberg editor to become integrated into WordPress, with one of the major issues being accessibility.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

oakhillman
    Participant

Very cool Oliver!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.