Gallery image links stopped working

Home Forums Receptar Gallery image links stopped working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Gallery image links stopped working

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi JocelynWWW,

The update caused all the image links in the gallery to not work. I have solved it, but by manually putting links in the code.

This sounds like a serious issue. What update do you mean? Could you please log a new support ticket providing more info about the issue?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

JocelynWWW
    Participant

I did already. The update was a theme update I installed this morning. In the media library there isn’t an opportunity to link images (which the gallery relies on), so I lost all the links. As I said, I manually linked each one as I put the gallery in the footer.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Making the post public as there is no sensitive information shared
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  Oliver Juhas.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi JocelynWWW,

I can’t see any new support ticket from you, so I went ahead and created one for you. I will look into the issue ASAP.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi JocelynWWW,

Could you please describe your issue in more details?

I was able to add a gallery into WordPress block editor and link the images perfectly fine:

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

If you mean linking gallery images to a custom URL, I don’t think this is possible with WordPress (tested on v5.1.1 using native theme). Maybe you are looking for a plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/gallery-custom-links/ in that case?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

JocelynWWW
    Participant

No what I mean is linking to a URL, which was there this morning, before I updated.
    I have attached three images. The first shows that there is no URL link in the media library – which was there this morning as I edited the gallery.
    The second is the library showing that I linked it to an attachmemt page – which I took to mean the relevant page I want to link the image to.
    The third, shows the options in the gallery – linking to the attachment page returns the following URL: https://www.wickedwebsiteswork.com/seo_ffc000/, whereas I linked it to https://www.wickedwebsiteswork.com/seo-search-engine-optimisation/.
    I put an A link in the actual HTML, so have solved it, just stumped as to why you can’t now link an image to a webpage?

JocelynWWW
    Participant

Would help if I attached the images! I’ll have to do them one by one

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JocelynWWW
    Participant

Image two

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

JocelynWWW
    Participant

Now I said all that – I may have installed the plugin and it de-activated it when I upgraded!!! I have just seen it in my plugins, but de-activated. Can that actually happen?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi JocelynWWW,

no-url-link.png image – This seems perfectly normal to me. It is the same as on my servers with any theme I use. It is standard WordPress media item edit page (except you are also using Yoast SEO plugin).

attachment-page-link.png image – I’m sorry but there must be some misunderstanding here. Attaching image to a post/page does not mean linking to it. It simply means the image/media is related to the page. Usually WordPress images/media files are getting attached automatically when you upload them during post/page editing process. It has nothing to do with linking them to that specific page/post.

I can’t see the 3rd image. It seems you haven’t attached it.

Are you sure the issue is related to the theme? Theme has no control over those issues actually.
    Have you updated also something else, maybe WordPress itself? Or other plugin(s)?
    You can actually simply test by switching to another theme to see if the behavior is the same.

Please understand that if the issue is related to the plugin I can’t really help here. Plugins are 3rd party software and you should contact their support for help.

Can I consider the issue resolved now please?

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.