Guidance on Banner Button Configuration

Home Forums Icelander Guidance on Banner Button Configuration

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Guidance on Banner Button Configuration

Resolved

Hello! I am starting to configure up a website for a local nonprofit who chose your theme due to aesthetics and accessibility.

I am having a problem figuring out how to Add/Configure the Buttons that are on the banners. For example, the default banner has a Shopping Banner on it. Where do I go to modify these?

http://q70.0b1.myftpupload.com/

Thanks for your assistance.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi sromine,

;) Actually, there is a hint directly in the text that it it added as page excerpt:

Set this text as a page excerpt. You will most likely need to enable the excerpt field in screen options in the upper right corner of the screen when editing the page.

You can find more information on page excerpt in theme documentation at https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/icelander/#pages

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Also, looking at your website, if I can suggest, there is no need to use the color contrast and font size toggle buttons (added most likely by a plugin).

The theme’s default color scheme passes the minimal contrast ratio already. And if a user needs very high color contrast, he/she most likely already have this enabled in their operating system.

The similar would go for font size. The theme is built using relative font sizes which simply adapts to the font size you have set up in your web browser. Besides, in all web browsers you can easily change the font size (site zoom) per website too.

You can read more about accessibility of the theme in theme documentation and also in a knowledge base article.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.