Gutenburg full-width image/text option seems to be missing in Mustang

Home Forums Mustang Gutenburg full-width image/text option seems to be missing in Mustang

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anth33
    Participant

Gutenburg full-width image/text option seems to be missing in Mustang

Resolved

Hi Oliver,

I recently installed Gutenburg in an attempt to avoid using any page-builder plugins with WordPress. It seems easy to use, but the Gutenburg cannot create full-width image/text option seems to be missing. I’ve not been able to figure out if this is related to Mustang, or to Gutenburg.

Is there a way to get this to work?

Also, my main goal is to create a page with a background photo on top of which are various text headings and paragraphs. Currently, this does not seem possible in Gutenburg is it?

Thank you!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Anth33,

First, please understand that Gutenberg is still in development and I definitely not recommend using it on live websites. Also, please note that themes are not required to support Gutenbergs full and wide alignment. That is optional.

I will eventually integrate support for Gutenberg in my themes in the future, including full/wide alinment, but there are still many changes to Gutenberg project that will affect the theme integration. Especially it looks like some of the Gutenberg blocks will get new HTML that might change the alignment styling (just like it is the case with image alignment in Gutenberg 3.7).

Also, please do not expect Gutenberg to be as robust as page builders. At least not now. Gutenberg is not a page builder actually. And it will not allow you to create what you aim for out of the box. (Possibly, you could achieve that functionality with additional plugins though.) Currently Gutenberg only supports similar functionality in “Cover Image” block, where you can have a text over the image background. You can test Gutenberg at https://testgutenberg.com

If you want to make the theme compatible with Gutenberg’s full/wide alignment now, you can enable the compatibility via your child theme and then try to add a custom CSS required for such alignment. Article and examples I’ve written could also help.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.