H1 Default heading

Home Forums Polyclinic H1 Default heading

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

xrisxal2000
    Participant

H1 Default heading

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Dear Support Team,
    i send a message to Oliver for an issue in my website…

———–
    Oliver,
    in http://rent-car-chania.gr/
    there are two h1 headings… the one in index.php i remove it but still SERANKING says it has two h1 headings
    Pls what i must do? Why you put it H1 there?

<h1 class=”page-title screen-reader-text”><?php single_post_title(); ?></h1>

And for seo purposes we neen to have in each page one H1 heading
    Its important
    As i said i remove it fromindex.php but still the same

Thanks

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi xrisxal2000,

Please note that on homepage the H1 heading is your website title/logo.

To fix the double H1 issue just change the H1 in your content (in page builder layout) to H2. And if you want to style the H2 to appear as H1, just use add a h1 CSS class on H2 heading tag via Formats dropdown button:

(Here is an example from a Monument Valley theme:)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

xrisxal2000
    Participant

Hi
    The problem with the H1 needs to be resolved as soon as possible.

We have to deliver our website to our client ASAP and we have serious problem with the H! issue.

In our website we have 3 languages, English, Greek and Italic.
    As you uderstand we cant have the same H1 in all three languages.
    It is very bad – totally wrong for SEO to have pages with the same H1.
    In English is OK to have as H1 the website title but it is totally wrong in Greek and in Italic.
    In Greek we need the H1 to be in Greek language and in Italic we need the H1 to be in Italian language.
    As you understand, as it is now this is not possible.

Please try to resolve this issue ASAP.

If there is an easy way to correct this (only for our case) with hard coding (insteand of and update) please let us know and either we will give you access to do it or you can tell us what to do and we will perform the changes.

Thank you

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi xrisxal2000,

What problem do you mean? I have provided a solution above and I can see it was successfully applied on your website now and actually working fine.

As for making your website multilingual, please understand that this is a question for your multilingual plugin support. The issue is not related to the theme. The theme is fully multilingual ready, but you need to translate it to your needs.

Every decent multilingual plugin allows you to translate the whole website, including your website title/logo. Please refer to your multilingual plugin documentation for how to do that or contact plugin support. For example, here are instructions on how to do it for Polylang plugin and for WPML plugin.

Also, when making your website multilingual, you will need to localize the theme (meaning translate theme texts) to your languages too. Please refer to theme documentation for instructions: https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/polyclinic/#localization (If you are using WPML, you should be able to localize the theme with the plugin.)

But making a website multilingual does not affect headings structure at all. And I can see H1 being correctly applied just once for all your website languages :)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.