header custom codes

Home Forums Reykjavik header custom codes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

angie_s
    Participant

header custom codes

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hello! I would like to ask if in this theme we can add images or any custom code above the header…. like a banner for advertisment. Or if possible to be next to the menu (instead of the secondary menu).

Thank you!

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi angie_s,

Yes, sure. The theme is full of Theme Hook Alliance hooks so you can display whatever, wherever ;)

Here is an example of PHP code you could use in your child theme‘s functions.php file:

function child_theme_banner() {
      ?>
      Your custom HTML code here...
      <?php
    }
    add_action( 'tha_header_top', 'child_theme_banner', -10 ); // Before header.
    add_action( 'tha_header_top', 'child_theme_banner', 30 ); // After primary navigation, no need to set up a secondary one.

Alternatively you can try using https://wordpress.org/plugins/tha-hooks-interface/ plugin, but I’m not sure how secure such solution would be.

Also, the theme is fully compatible with Beaver Themer, so, you can redesign the whole website header (and other sections) to your needs.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

angie_s
    Participant

Ok and it will still be accessibility-ready?
    We must not lose the wcag 2.0 compliance.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi angie_s,

Please understand that I don’t know how accessible is your custom HTML code :) The solution I’ve provided only displays your code on the website, it has nothing to do with accessibility. You need to make sure your custom HTML content is accessible too.

The theme itself is accessibility ready. But a user content needs to be accessible too so they both create an accessible website. Please understand that the theme have no control of user entered content (such as your custom HTML), it just displays it.

For more info on accessibility and testing please refer to theme documentation and knowledge base article.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

angie_s
    Participant

ok thank you

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.