Header gone on posts

Home Forums Receptar Header gone on posts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Apetiko

Header gone on posts

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi, first of all, I’d like to compliment you on a wonderful theme! Great work!

I have one MAJOR issue with it, however. On the home page, I can see the header, and it slides down nicely when scrolling down. But, as soon as I select a post and continue reading, the header is gone altogether, nowhere to be found.
    Why is this a MAJOR issue?

Most people do not end up on a website’s homepage when searching google for info. So, when they end up on a specific page or post, the website’s identity itself will be missing in this case. This is a big problem because any blog, site, whatever, need their identity so that users can recognize the brand (if it is a brand).
    Whatever my reasons to dislike this feature or thing, I need to have it fixed, because I want for the header containing the name of the website to be and behave exactly the same way throughout the entire website as it does on homepage.
    How can I do this? *Also, please note that the same question was asked on the wordpress.org forum

Thank you

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme! :)

Could you maybe provide URL to your website please so I can check personally? I don’t think there is a problem with default theme functionality here. Have you checked the theme demo website for the predefined theme behavior at https://themedemos.webmandesign.eu/receptar/a-very-delicious-blog/ for example? You can see there is a header still displayed with proper logo on the right side of the screen. Is it different on your website?

Regards,

Oliver

Apetiko

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I am afraid you don’t understand what I mean. I have seen the demo of the theme and it has the same issue.

I will try to attach screenshots to show you what I mean.
    The same happens on my website (which I am starting now) – http://www.apetiko.com

Please check out the attachments. Also, note I have checked the demo of the theme on Firefox as well as Chrome, and there is no difference, so I doubt this could be a browser issue.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Alright, now I see. The issue is actually caused by theme styles applied on certain screen size. You can enable logo in header with this custom CSS:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1280px) and (max-width: 1400px) {

.is-singular:not(.home) .site-header > .site-branding {
        display: block;
      }

.is-singular:not(.home) .site-header-widgets {
        float: right;
        max-width: 62%;
        text-align: right;
      }

}

Here is how it looks on larger screens:

I will consider introducing this fix in the theme update.

Regards,

Oliver

Apetiko

Hello Oliver,

Great! Thank you so much for this. Now it’s perfect. Maybe it’s a good idea to include the fix in the update. Like I mentioned above, the header/logo is a huge part of any website’s identity, so it is important for users to be able to see it.

Once again, thank ou very much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.