Header gone on posts

Home Forums Receptar Header gone on posts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Apetiko

Header gone on posts

Resolved

Hi, first of all, I’d like to compliment you on a wonderful theme! Great work!

I have one MAJOR issue with it, however. On the home page, I can see the header, and it slides down nicely when scrolling down. But, as soon as I select a post and continue reading, the header is gone altogether, nowhere to be found.
    Why is this a MAJOR issue?

Most people do not end up on a website’s homepage when searching google for info. So, when they end up on a specific page or post, the website’s identity itself will be missing in this case. This is a big problem because any blog, site, whatever, need their identity so that users can recognize the brand (if it is a brand).
    Whatever my reasons to dislike this feature or thing, I need to have it fixed, because I want for the header containing the name of the website to be and behave exactly the same way throughout the entire website as it does on homepage.
    How can I do this? *Also, please note that the same question was asked on the wordpress.org forum

Thank you

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme! :)

Could you maybe provide URL to your website please so I can check personally? I don’t think there is a problem with default theme functionality here. Have you checked the theme demo website for the predefined theme behavior at https://themedemos.webmandesign.eu/receptar/a-very-delicious-blog/ for example? You can see there is a header still displayed with proper logo on the right side of the screen. Is it different on your website?

Regards,

Oliver

Apetiko

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I am afraid you don’t understand what I mean. I have seen the demo of the theme and it has the same issue.

I will try to attach screenshots to show you what I mean.
    The same happens on my website (which I am starting now) – http://www.apetiko.com

Please check out the attachments. Also, note I have checked the demo of the theme on Firefox as well as Chrome, and there is no difference, so I doubt this could be a browser issue.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi,

Alright, now I see. The issue is actually caused by theme styles applied on certain screen size. You can enable logo in header with this custom CSS:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1280px) and (max-width: 1400px) {

.is-singular:not(.home) .site-header > .site-branding {
        display: block;
      }

.is-singular:not(.home) .site-header-widgets {
        float: right;
        max-width: 62%;
        text-align: right;
      }

}

Here is how it looks on larger screens:

I will consider introducing this fix in the theme update.

Regards,

Oliver

Apetiko

Hello Oliver,

Great! Thank you so much for this. Now it’s perfect. Maybe it’s a good idea to include the fix in the update. Like I mentioned above, the header/logo is a huge part of any website’s identity, so it is important for users to be able to see it.

Once again, thank ou very much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.