Header image won’t update since update

Home Forums Receptar Header image won’t update since update

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

NatzS
    Participant

Header image won’t update since update

Resolved

Hi,

Just updated Receptar theme.

A different header image (my logo) to the one I had before (B&W – kids) is now being pulled in. I don’t seem to be able to change it. I tried pulling the old image (B&W – kids) back in, but it wouldn’t stay.

I can upload or select a new image as I did before.
    — Note: Because the header image used to resize, but now doesn’t, I found a completely new image (B&W – women) so the right half of the image is not cut off.

I publish the new image and it says “published”. In edit mode, the new image (B&W – women) is visible. On the live site, only the old image (logo) is visible. When I go back into Customise, it’s back to pulling in the old image (logo) again.

I’ve checked the site on Safari and Chrome on Mac. Also Android and iPhone on mobile. I cleared the cache on Safari.

Any ideas? Only became a problem since the theme update I did today.

Nat

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Nat,

I’m not quite sure what images you mean. I can see only a black and white image which says “Bobbin About”, which is displayed in the banner area of your front page. I’m not sure whether this is the “B&W – kids” or “B&W women” image.

However, please note that this is not a logo image. This is a banner image. If you want to set a logo image you can do so in Appearance → Customize → Site Title, Tagline, and Logo. Once you publish the changes, a new logo should display in the header area of your page.

The last theme update only changed how banner image is displayed on the front page of the website when you use a static page (which you do). The theme now picks the page featured image for banner area. So, please, check if you set a featured image for your front page and remove it or change it there, when editing the page (not in customizer).

If you still experience a problem, please describe it with more details, possibly provide some screenshots and admin access to your website so I can check personally.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.