Header Overlaps

Home Forums Receptar Header Overlaps

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

topkhoj
    Participant

Header Overlaps

Resolved

How to fix this issue?

On the home, header works fine. But from the 2nd-page, header owns black color and posts in the first-row disappear, this is the problem.

It also works well on the single post page. There’s no problem with the height of the header.

http://topkhoj.com

• This topic was modified 2 weeks ago by  topkhoj.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi topkhoj,

Please note that this is due to the advertisement you’ve placed into the header. Receptar header was not designed for such use.

I suggest trying to find a different placement for your advertisement. The theme is actually full of action hooks you can use. Here is an example code you can put into your child theme‘s functions.php file:

function child_theme_advertisement() {
      echo 'YOUR ADVERTISEMENT CODE HERE';
    }
    add_action( 'wmhook_content_top', 'child_theme_advertisement', 11 );

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

topkhoj
    Participant

Thank You, Oliver. One more question, theme documentation page suggests these settings

In WordPress admin navigate to Settings » Reading.

For “Front page displays” option set “A static page (select below)”.

Select the front page from the dropdown list. This page will become your homepage.

Select the posts page from the dropdown list. This page will become your blog page.

But when I apply these setting, the homepage doesn’t show any post. It shows only Page name that I have chosen for Home Page.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi topkhoj,

Please note that the information in theme documentation is not a recommendation. It only provides instructions for how to set up a static homepage if you want to do so. You seems to want to show blog posts on your homepage, so you do not need to do anything ;)

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

topkhoj
    Participant

Ok. So What type of widget can I add in Header widgets area, except search?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi topkhoj,

Please understand that you can try any widget in there. But once the widget breaks the header layout, you should not use it. Or use a custom CSS to adapt the widget to fit into your header. In your case the advertisement was too long and thus it was breaking the header layout.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.