Home Page Image Slider Setup

Home Forums Icelander Home Page Image Slider Setup

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

anblik
    Participant

Home Page Image Slider Setup

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

We are using ICELANDER Theme for our website and the Production Site is available at (Related Website URL).

We have used Smart Slider 3 by following the documentation provided by you but while we use this slider in our Home page then the same Slider’s being reflected on inner pages in our website.

My Question is, how we use Image slider only For Home Page & all other Inner Pages will show only Featured Image?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi anblik,

Please note that I only recommend using Smart Slider 3, but you can certainly use any slider plugin you want :)

What do you mean by “following the documentation provided by you”? Can you point me to that documentation please?

How did you inserted the slider into your homepage? It definitely should not propagate to other pages:

Have you used a page builder to insert a slider?
    You can simply disable the homepage intro section by setting up a “No intro” page template for your homepage (front page) and then use a page builder to insert the slider there.

Have you used a PHP code in your child theme to display slider?
    If you are using some PHP code to insert the slider, then I understand it might be also displayed on other pages. But please note that this is considered a theme modification and I can only provide tips for those as I can only be responsible for my own code – please read terms of service. But if you are inserting the slider using a PHP code in your child theme, then please note that this is really not necessary and you can just insert the slider using its shortcode or widget into a page using a page builder. If you still want to use code, use a WordPress native is_front_page() conditional function to insert it on front page only.

Please, also refer to Smart Slider 3 documentation on how to display the slider on your page(s):

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

anblik
    Participant

Thanks for the guidance. I have fixed the slider issues.

Now there are two more points remains which I want to discuss.

1. Sticky Nav: I’d like it to be available all the time, not just when you try to scroll up. How to make the Sticky menu FIXED ?

2. Feedback Module: What this module is all about? What it do and how it works? this appears to be a ticketing system for a contact form, but I’m not seeing how it’s managed or what it’s tied to on frontend. Can you give me some more info so I can decide if we will use it?

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi anblik,

Please understand that you should log a new ticket for new issues. Keeping multiple issues in one ticket makes the ticket difficult to resolve. Please read Terms of Service for this support forum.

Here are my answers to your additional questions:

1. Please note that this is by theme design, to make as much space for your website content as possible. You can apply this custom CSS to make the header sticky all the time:
      @media only screen and (min-height: 28em) and (min-width: 80em) {
        .scrolled-past-masthead.scrolled-up .site-header,
        .scrolled-past-masthead-offset .site-header {
          transition: none;
        }

.scrolled .site-header {
      		position: fixed;
          top: -1px;
          z-index: 99;
          opacity: 1;
          -webkit-transform: none;
          transform: none;
        }

.scrolled-past-masthead .header-widgets-container {
          display: block;
        }
      }

Please try using your browser’s code inspector to determine the custom CSS you need to apply for your custom theme styles modifications.

2. Please note that the theme does not contain any “Feedback Module”. You must be using some plugin that add this module to your website. Please contact the plugin support for help.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.