Homepage and Menu Page showing ALL categories

Home Forums Auberge Homepage and Menu Page showing ALL categories

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Ryy.lmao
    Participant

Homepage and Menu Page showing ALL categories

Resolved

The homepage and menu pages were working fine yesterday. The menu showed each top level category and put all the items next to that category. Now, the homepage menu and menupage menu are showing ALL the categories and it looks awful. There are multiple tabs for breakfast, lunch and any other section with children. How do I make it so the menu only shows the top level categories again?

Truly Best Regards,
    Ryan Walker

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

I’m sorry but I can’t access your website. Could you maybe provide admin access to your website so I can check personally?

What has happened on your website since the issue appeared? Have you updated plugins? Have you installed some new plugins?

Is your Food Menu structure really nested? Please check this in “Food Menus” admin section.

First I suggest you to update your themes, plugins and WordPress to most recent versions. Then you can try to disable all plugins except Jetpack to see if it helps. If the issue is resolved now, you know there is a plugin conflict. If the issue persist please grant me the access so I can have a look.

Regards,

Oliver

Ryy.lmao
    Participant

Hello,

I only have the initial plug-ins that came with the WordPress install on a Bluehost server and a Coming Soon plug-in however, the problem began long after these plug-ins had been installed but I deactivated them just to be sure and the problem persisted.

All themes, plug-ins and other items are updated.

This problem began after I tried changing the order of how the top-level categories are displayed on the menu page using the Up / Down buttons.

I believe my Food Menu structure is properly nested however, I haven’t added all the food items yet.

If you look at this Food Menu page, consider the Breakfast category. You’ll notice there are 4 different sub-categories for Breakfast. If I bring them all under one Breakfast tab, will that mess up how it’s displayed on the Breakfast tab?

This was working properly yesterday, as shown in your demo but, as stated above, the problem began after I tried changing the display order on the Food Menu page.

I will include log-in details in a private reply. Thank you very much for your help!

Best Regards,
    Ryan Walker

Ryy.lmao
    Participant

This is a private reply!

This reply has been marked as private.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

I’m not sure where the issue might be as I’ve just tested the theme on my own servers and it works perfectly fine.

I think it may be related to your food menu structure. It is a bit confusing for me to get around. You have multiple food menu sections both as main sections and nested (such as Pasta is also main and also under Lunch section).

I strongly suggest redoing your food menu structure and put each food menu item into 1 food menu section only to see if that helps.

Regards,

Oliver

Ryy.lmao
    Participant

Hello,

The food menu structure shouldn’t be a problem. It’s the same structure that came with the import demo; I believe the drinks had children categories too.

It should not confuse the theme because even though the Lunch sub-categories are similar to the Dinner categories, they are not the same. Each sub-category under the Lunch menu (and their slugs) are plural. The Lunch menu has Pastas, Pizzas, Flat Bread Pizzas, Soups and Salads, etc. while the Dinner menu has these all singular: Pasta, Pizza, Flat Bread Pizza, Soup & Salad, etc.

Additionally, on the homepage, there is now a button at the bottom of the menu that says “Menu” I did not put this here and I do not want it here. I have not made any changes in the Theme customizer for this to happen

Even though I have been only adding in menu items to top level categories and sub-categories, the theme seems to be doing other things on its own! Other there other possible functions outside the menu item add menu and theme customizer I should be aware of?

Thank you so much for your continued support, Oliver. It’s truly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Ryan Walker

Ryy.lmao
    Participant

By the way, I tried putting all the items together under one category. For example, I put all the Breakfast sub-categories (Omelettes, Weekend Libations, Sides, etc.) under Breakfast > Side however, this doesn’t fix the issue because the items were no longer separated by sub-category. The client wants to have sub-categories under the Breakfast menu and have different food items under each sub-category.

Best Regards,
    Ryan Walker

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan,

I went ahead and logged into your website and created additional Food Menu items and sections to test. Here is the structure I created in your website:

Test: Parent section:
    - Test: Child section 1:
    - - Test: Child section 1 item 1
    - - Test: Child section 1 item 2
    - - Test: Child section 1 item 3
    - Test: Child section 2
    - - Test: Child section 2 item 1
    - - Test: Child section 2 item 2
    - - Test: Child section 2 item 3
    - Test: Child section 3
    - - Test: Child section 3 item 1
    - - Test: Child section 3 item 2
    - - Test: Child section 3 item 3

Everything works perfectly fine for me, the same way the theme demo content works and the same way as the theme should work:

• On front page food menu it displays only the “Test: Parent section” with all food menu items in it (note that I haven’t assigned any food menu item to “Test: Parent section”, actually, I’ve only assigned them to specific “Test: Child section #”.)
    • On front page food menu navigation it correctly displays “Test: Parent section” only.
    • Once I click the “Test: Parent section” in front page food menu, it takes me to the “Test: Parent section” page where all the subsections are displayed correctly.
      Also food menu navigation on this page correctly displays only those subsections.

Is this how you expect the theme to work?

So, from my point of view there is nothing wrong with the theme. There must be something wrong with your food menu organization. Please double check it. Or maybe try to simplify it?

As for “Menu” button on front page, this will be displayed automatically once you set some page with “Food Menu” page template. https://www.webmandesign.eu/manual/auberge/#pages
    If you want to hide the button, use this custom CSS:

.home .food-menu-items .archive-link {
    	display: none;
    }

Regards,

Oliver

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.