How to Edit Certain Parts of Icelander?

Home Forums Icelander How to Edit Certain Parts of Icelander?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rendter
    Participant

How to Edit Certain Parts of Icelander?

Resolved

Need some help with how to edit some areas in theme that I can’t figure out.
    1- The text over the header image. 1b I have 3 images uploaded to randomize and I only keep seeing one. The randomize button is highlighted. Any way to put different text on each image?
    2- Text in greyrea of About Us page… says About Us and then “Holisticly embrace world-class ROI with fully tested strategic theme areas. Collaboratively recaptiualize principle-centered materials without open-source.” Where do I edit that?
    3-Front page has 3 boxes… HOME-PORTFOLIO, HOME-SHOP, and HOME-COMPANY. Where are these coming from and how to edit?

Thanks in advance for the help. I have yet to play with the WooCommerce parts of the theme – more questions coming. This site is showing maintenance mode until I get all the extra demo pages out of the way…

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi rendter,

Please see theme documentation‘s “Anatomy” section where you will find answers to most of your questions.

1. Have you assigned a featured image for you homepage? If so, please note that this will override any intro section (header) media you’ve set in theme customizer – this is stated in theme documentation.
      There is no easy, code-less solution to set up front page random intro image and text on each page load/refresh.
      But maybe you are looking for a slider solution? If so, check the free Smart Slider 3 plugin, then disable your homepage intro section using “No intro” page template (or disable intro with custom fields, if you want to keep using the “List child pages” page template on your homepage), and use a page builder to insert the slider into your homeapage.
    2. That text can be edited in excerpt field of the page.
      Please see point 3 in page anatomy documentation.
    3. These are child pages (subpages) of the homepage, which has a “List child pages” page template assigned. Once you assign this page template on a parent page that contains subpages, those will be displayed there.
      Please see point 6 in page anatomy documentation.

Allow me to remind there is also a WooCommerce eshop anatomy in theme documentation that might help you find out what, where and how to set up.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.