How to edit subtitles? (is Subtitle plugin not working or else?)

Home Forums Reykjavik How to edit subtitles? (is Subtitle plugin not working or else?)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jacquelinee
    Participant

How to edit subtitles? (is Subtitle plugin not working or else?)

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi everyone,
    First of all, congrats on creating such a good theme!
    I’ve been tweaking it to create my personal page, but I’m finding it specially hard to be able to edit subtitles. I’ve had this problem gathering testimonials, and now on projects, pages and posts, I can’t find the place where I can edit them.

Subtitles show fine in the listing, but I can’t edit them on quick edits and when I choose edit, I can’t find the proper place to edit them – not showing up when I’m using Gutemberg, Beaver, Elementor or even classic wordpress editor.

Would you be so kind to help me understand what am I doing wrong or how can I fix this?

In the link below I’m adding some screenshots showing my screens.

What I’ve already done:
    – removed and added gutemberg
    – removed and added elementor
    – removed and added beaver
    – removed and added subtitle

Thank you and have a happy holidays!

oakhillman
    Participant

jacquelinee,

I think Oliver is taking some time off. Maybe I can help, but I must admit I don’t quite understand your problem and I don’t see the link to the screenshots that you mentioned. Maybe if I can see those it will help me to understand what’s going on.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi jacquelinee,

Thank you, I’m glad you like the theme, and thank you @oakhillman for providing help in time of my vacation :)

The issue you are experiencing is related to Subtitles plugin not being compatible with WordPress 5 yet. You can actually read more about the issue in plugin’s support forum.

For the time being I suggest disabling the Subtitles plugin and simply not use it until it’s properly updated. I will also try to make my themes compatible with other subtitle plugins.

As WordPress 5 was released before holiday season and as it contains many backwards incompatible changes, there are still plugins that does not work with it as expected.

Happy holidays to you both!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

oakhillman
    Participant

Oliver,

Well I didn’t actually help. And I’m not sure I would have known about the plugin issue.

I can help by asking that folks make a donation to a developer that is so deserving. The link to donate is on the following page.

https://www.webmandesign.eu/contact/

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

:) Thank you Mark!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

jacquelinee
    Participant

Hi Oliver and @oakhillman,
    Thanks for the quick reply! Makes lots of sense. I’ll disable the plugin then and wait for the compatibility problem to be solved.

Huge thanks and Happy New Year!

Jacqueline

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Thank you, Happy New Year to you too!

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.