How to make the Blog Post Image Full Width

Home Forums Modern How to make the Blog Post Image Full Width

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

giulia72
    Participant

How to make the Blog Post Image Full Width

Resolved

Hello
    I would to make the blog post image (that appers on the top of each post ) full width.

I have read following post https://support.webmandesign.eu/forums/topic/make-the-blog-post-image-full-width-like-articles-on-medium/ but it doesn’t work.

Could you help me?

Thank you
    Giulia

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Giulia,

The solution from other support ticket is related to blog post content images. Your issue is probably related to post featured image, right? (Please provide a screenshot of the issue if this is not the case.)

However, the featured images are fullwidth in the theme, as you can see in theme demo website. If it is not fullwidth on your website, then you probably just need to set up correct image sizes.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

giulia72
    Participant

Hi
    yes it should be featured image (see the enclosed screenshot):
    as you can see it doesn’t fit the whole width.

Anyway I can see fine the thumbanails images in the articles list.

I have tried several settings but without success.

Do I have to use a particular plugin?

Thank you
    Giulia

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Giulia,

Please follow the link in my previous reply to fix the issue. You need to correctly set up your image sizes in WordPress settings. And do not forget to upload big enough images into your website.

Here is the link again for you: https://webmandesign.github.io/docs/modern/#image-sizes

Also, like it is mentioned in the theme documentation, if you already have images uploaded to your website and you want to resize them to the newly set up dimensions, use Force Regenerate Thumbnails plugin. However, if you images are uploaded small, you will need to upload new, bigger ones. WordPress can not upsize images you see.

You could force the image fullwidth with custom CSS, but it will upscale your images artificially and will most likely render the images blurry, so I strongly suggest fixing the issue with above advices:

.entry-media img {
    	width: 100%;
    }

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

giulia72
    Participant

Great it works

Thank you so much ;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.