How to use genericon icons

Home Forums Reykjavik How to use genericon icons

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

danos
    Participant

How to use genericon icons

Resolved

Hey there! Have you noticed this support service is provided FREE of charge?
    If you like the speed and accuracy of resolutions, please consider supporting me with a small donation. Thank you

Consider a donation →

Hi again,
    That might sound silly but I cannot figure out how to use genericon icons in a text block (both in normal editing and Beaver builder editing).
    For example for the twitter editor I tried:
    <div class="genericon genericon-twitter"></div>
    and
    [genericon icon=twitter]

with no success.

Thank you for your time.
    e.g. The site is localhost installation at the moment.

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi danos,

Please note that the theme actually contains Genericons Neue icons. This HTML should display any of included Genericons Neue icons:

<span class="genericons-neue genericons-neue-cart" aria-hidden="true"></span>

For the list of Genericons Neue classes please see the stylesheet at https://github.com/webmandesign/reykjavik/blob/master/assets/fonts/genericons-neue/genericons-neue.css#L49

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Now I can see you are actually trying to display a Twitter icon. Please note there are no social network icons in Genericons Neue. Use a plugin to display icons you need.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

danos
    Participant

Thank you for your reply,
    I am still stacked.. I used this shortcode in the text editor [genericons-neue genericons-neue-cloud-upload] but no icon is displayed..
    Is the usage of the genericons shortcodes different from e.g. woocommerce shortcodes like for example [products visibility="featured" limit="3" columns="3" orderby="date" order="DESC"]

Thank you,
    Iordanis.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by  Oliver Juhas. Reason: Formatting code

Oliver Juhas
    Keymaster

Hi Iordanis,

Please note that there is no shortcode. The theme does not provide any shortcodes. The code I’ve provided is pure HTML.

If you want to be able to add icons using shortcodes you need to install a plugin supporting such functionality.

Best regards,

Oliver Juhas
    WebMan Design

danos
    Participant

Thank you for the clarification!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.